An excellent opportunity is available for a Graduate Geotechnical Engineer to be based in our Bunbury Office. The candidate would have recently completed or soon to be complete their degree in civil engineering and be looking to advance their career with a progressive multi-disciplinary company.
Our Graduate Civil / Geotechnical Engineer will work on a range of civil and geotechnical projects and will benefit from WML’s commitment to provide an exciting and challenging experiences across our engineering disciplines. The company is currently engaged in a range of residential, commercial, infrastructure and mining projects in Western Australia, from which WML is able to offer a variety of project experience and interest to our graduate. WML Consultants has a diverse and stable client base and can offer excellent career advancement opportunities.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who possess a strong work ethic, can work in a team environment but also autonomously. The position requires applicant to have excellent time management and written/ verbal communication skills.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Designs and oversees the construction of various civil and geotechnical engineering projects under guidance of a Lead Engineer.
Supervision and Management
- Prepares job proposals, including identification of resources to meet agreed programs budgets and performance levels, for review and signing by the Job Manager.
- Executes projects utilising the WML Consultants Integrated Management System (IMS), and in special cases an IMS specified by the Client.
- Forms part of project teams.
Completed under guidance:
- Design and Undertake field investigations.
- Prepares engineering designs for various engineering projects in accordance with the relevant Australian and Western Australian standards and codes of practice.
- Prepares engineering reports.
- Consults approving authorities and agencies and complies with mandatory requirements.
- Carries out design checks on own work and the work of others.
- Undertakes ongoing training and development to expand skills and knowledge.
- Undertakes to research and include innovation in design solutions where appropriate.
Completed under guidance:
- Manages the scoping, project development, design, delivery, and review of assigned projects
- Directs drafting staff and checks their work for compliance.
- Contributes to the development, maintenance and improvement of project management processes and systems within the Company.
Completed under guidance:
- Prepares contract documentation and manages the contract tendering process.
- Manages contracts and contractors to ensure that contracts are completed to approved scope, budget, time and quality.
- Reviews and reports on the performance of both contracts and contractors.
- Undertakes contract management duties as appointed.
- Contributes to the development, maintenance and improvement of contract management processes and systems within the Company.
Training will be provided internally and externally as and when required.
Our applicants must have a Bachelor of Engineering Degree in Civil Engineering, or a demonstrated equivalent.
Candidates must have the right to live and work in this location.
APPLYING FOR THE ROLE
WML Consultants is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and an inclusive workforce.
Please include in your application a covering letter and CV with the subject line specifying the role you are applying for and office branch.
WML Consultants is an established engineering consulting company specializing in Civil, Structural, Pavements and Geotechnical engineering with over 25 years in business. WML's offices are strategically located in Bunbury, Kalgoorlie and Perth to provide clients with access to professionals who are intimately familiar with local context. Our 43-member staff is organised into the following four discipline groups, allowing us to form project teams as client needs dictate.
Geotechnical & Pavements Group
Success above ground requires knowing what lies beneath. Our highly skilled and experienced geotechnical team based in Bunbury, Kalgoorlie and Perth. We provide a wide range of geotechnical services to all sectors within the construction industry. Our focus is to explore the potential opportunities and eliminate geotechnical risk through precise investigation and analysis to ensure that our clients projects are delivered as safe and cost effective as possible. Our consultancy services include, but not limited to, ground modelling and geotechnical analysis, geotechnical and remediation design, slope stability analysis, consolidation studies, earthwork design and construction support, geotechnical site investigation, temporary works design, verification and peer review and much more.
The Civil Group's work can be seen throughout regional WA: Large sections of the Forrest, South West and Coalfields Highways have been built and improved based on WML designs and specialist technical advice. Shires from Kalamunda to Esperance, Coolgardie and Augusta-Margaret River rely on our Civil Group's expertise in bulk earthworks, roads and intersections, landfills, drainage and project management.
Our structures team offers extensive experience designing with steel, reinforced concrete, timber and other less common materials. They specialise in providing customised building solutions that deliver value for money. For structures already in place, the team can devise asset integrity management plans to prioritise upgrades, repairs and replacement.
Our Client rely on our structural expertise to provide them with practical solutions. Whether your project is commercial, industrial, or residential, our structural team offers experience in the full array of building materials and methodologies available in today’s marketplace. We add value by employing a collaborative approach and consider the needs of the entire project to deliver quality outcomes.
Please refer to our website for more details www.wml.com.au
- Job type:Entry Level Jobs
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
Bunbury, Regional Western...
- Closing Date:29th Jun 2021, 1:59 pm