Wood is recruiting for a Graduate Accountant to join our CBD Melbourne office.
With 35,000 professionals, across 60 countries, Wood is one of the world’s leading consulting and engineering companies operating across energy and materials markets. United by our common purpose to unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges, we are future ready, now.
Our ideal applicants will have completed their accounting or finance degree in from an accredited University.
On joining the team you will be an active member of a collaborative, dynamic and technically skilled group.
On joining Wood as a Graduate, you will be enrolled in our two-year Graduate Development Program targeting ongoing technical and professional training.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Preparing and uploading end of month accounting entries and adjustments, as part of end of month reporting process.
- Monthly reconciliations of all balance sheets and subsidiary ledgers.
- Proactively seeking to clarify and resolve any identified account discrepancies.
- Assisting in the preparation of financial reports for presentation to the relevant stakeholders.
- Participating in the annual internal and external auditing processes and maintained providing documented evidence and calculations are available for all audit requirements.
- Undertaking the month end close for contract and the submission of various group reporting requirement e.g., Flash / Bridge / Unbilled and AR (Accounts Receivables) analysis
- Ensure that the DSO (Days Sales Outstanding) target for the contract is achieved, with any issues raised timely for resolution with the respective parties.
- Any ad-hoc duties assigned by the superior from time to time.
In the program you will learn:
- Attend tailored graduate training programs
- Enrolment in Certificate 4 Project Management course
- Ongoing professional development supplemented by technical training
- Global mentoring program
- Buddy program
- Attend lunch & learn sessions and social activities which are arranged by our vibrant graduate network
- Attend a global graduate induction to help you understand our culture and its importance to our future, as well as give you opportunities to meet and network with your fellow graduates
- The technical elements of your role and how to use key systems
- Awareness of the wider Wood portfolio and how our company fits together
- How to navigate your career and the potential career paths and time it will take to get there
What you will quickly become involved with:
- Working for one of the world's largest multinational engineering services and consultancy providers you will get the opportunity to work on world class projects
- How Wood works safely and with integrity to deliver projects for clients in line with industry standards
- Experience in supporting different parts of our global business
- Interaction with different teams, stakeholders and clients
- Opportunity to get to know peers on a global basis and gain exposure to different leaders in the company
- Increased awareness of strengths and areas of development to support professional and personal growth
As a successful member of the 2023 graduate program, you will have completed your accounting or finance degree by the end of 2022 or earlier at an Australian university.
Skills / Qualifications
What we look for as a member of Wood’s graduate program:
- At Wood, we don't just look for WAM or GPA scores. We believe enthusiasm, personality, commitment, and creative thinking are just as important
- Flexible, adaptable, and open minded
- Proactive self-starter that is driven to succeed with a positive attitude
- Problem solver that is curious in their approach with the capacity to grow and develop
- Empathetic towards the needs of others
- Demonstrates integrity, honesty and humility
- Confidence to ask questions, seek help, make decisions and challenge the norm
What you can do well:
- Ability to communicate well at all levels
- Reasonable level of confidence when speaking in an open forum
- Strong IT skills
- Capacity to learn and proactively seek and provide feedback
- Good understanding of the benefits of respecting and appreciating what makes people different
- Good understanding of health & safety principles and practices.
To be considered for this role and must upload your cover letter, resume and academic transcripts. Pro tip: merge your cover letter, resume and transcripts into one document and upload.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Work rights:Australian Bridging Visa, Australian Permanent...
- Closing Date:12th Feb 2023, 12:59 pm