Wood is currently recruiting for a Graduate Engineer to join the Subsea team based in our Perth office. This role will suit a graduate with Mechanical, Civil or Marine Engineering qualifications and is part of our two Graduate Development Program commencing in February 2022.
We are looking for dynamic, digital / tech savvy versatile individuals who want a role within a fast-paced environment working across a range of projects for our global clients. Our graduate engineers assist senior engineers and project leads in delivering work scopes on allocated projects.
Internal training and mentoring, along with external training modules will support your professional development, allowing you the opportunity to apply advanced subsea and pipeline engineering and learned management skills within a technical framework.
In Wood's two-year program, you will:
- Gain hands on experience in your discipline and make an impact from day one
- Develop expertise in your field of study, within a fast-paced and complex project environment
- Work within a cohesive team of world-class industry expertise
Candidates must have Australian citizenship or hold a Permanent Residency (PR) Visa to be considered for this role.
Some of the personal attributes we look for are:
- Flexible, adaptable, and open minded
- Proactive self-starter that is driven to succeed with a positive attitude.
- Problem solver that is curious in their approach with the capacity to grow and develop.
- Empathetic towards the needs of others
- Demonstrates integrity, honesty, and humility.
- Confidence to ask questions, seek help, make decisions, and challenge the norm.
Capabilities we look for are:
- Ability to communicate well at all levels
- Reasonable level of confidence when speaking in an open forum
- Strong IT and data interrogation skills
- Coding experience (Python, VBA, others) and Machine Learning skills are advantageous
- MS Power App, Power BI experience would be well regarded
- Capacity to learn and pro-actively seek and provide feedback
- Good understanding of the benefits of respecting and appreciating what makes people different
- Good understanding of architecture.
- Recently completed or completing a degree by the end of 2021 in Mechanical, Civil or Marine engineering achieving a high Credit or Distinction average
What you will get involved with:
- Working for one of the world's largest multinational engineering services, consultancy and the built environment providers you will get the opportunity to work on world class projects across the counties in which we operate in with some of the best people in the world
- Graduate Induction to understand emerging trends and challenges and be exposed to significant leaders, guest speakers and existing graduates.
- Varied understanding of your core discipline through hands on experience supporting chartership professional/chartered registration status (if applicable)
- Experience in supporting different parts of our global business.
- Interaction with different teams, stakeholders, and clients
- Opportunity to get to know peers on a global basis and gain exposure to different leaders in the company.
- Increased awareness of strengths and areas of development to support professional and personal growth.
- Fundamentals of health, safety, and environment principles
- Supporting our community investment programmes
What you will learn:
- How to apply your learning into knowledge
- What is expected of you and how to be successful in your role?
- How Wood works safely and with integrity to deliver projects for clients in line with industry standards.
- The technical elements of your role and how to use key systems.
- Awareness of the wider Wood portfolio and how our company fits together.
- How to navigate your career and the potential career paths and time it will take to get there.
- Human skills training leading to a Certificate IV in Project Management
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering Civil Structural, Engineering Mechanical
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Level 3, 171 Collins Street, Melbourne, Australia, 3000Locations:
- Closing Date:21st Nov 2021, 12:59 pm