You are our next big idea.
Our business is evolving at incredible pace creating awesome career opportunities for those taking the first big step on their career journey. We constantly embrace change and never stand still; as a result, we are on the search for our next generation of brilliant employees.
Your early career journey at Wood as a graduate will be one of learning, discovery, and development. You will drive your own career, getting involved in the action from the word go, taking on complex challenges, sharing innovative ways of working to enhance the performance of a number of our customers.
Starting your career at Wood
You will have the opportunity to make a real impact with an organisation that truly cares, from industry challenges to making a difference in the communities in which we operate.
Sustainability is a huge part of life here. It is a major consideration in every project we undertake – whatever the challenge and whoever the customer.
Wood is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and inclusive working environment. We recognise that each of us has many different diverse traits which shape our view of the world, our perspective, and our approach.
On top of a competitive starting salary and various benefits, we create opportunities for you to connect, learn and grow. You will have the opportunity to network with great minds, through the support of your colleagues and through peer to peer relationships within our early careers network.
Some of the personal attributes we look for are:
- Flexible, adaptable, and open minded
- Proactive self-starter that is driven to succeed with a positive attitude.
- Problem solver that is curious in their approach with the capacity to grow and develop.
- Empathetic towards the needs of others
- Demonstrates integrity, honesty, and humility.
- Confidence to ask questions, seek help, make decisions, and challenge the norm.
Capabilities we look for are:
- Ability to communicate well at all levels.
- Reasonable level of confidence when speaking in an open forum.
- Strong technology skills
- Capacity to learn.
- Proactively seeks and provides feedback.
- Good understanding of the benefits of respecting and appreciating what makes people different.
- Be in your final year or completing mid next year (or recently completed) of engineering achieving a high Credit or Distinction average
What you will get involved with:
- Working for one of the world's largest multinational engineering services, consultancy and the built environment providers you will get the opportunity to work on world class projects across the counties in which we operate in with some of the best people in the world
- Graduate Induction to understand emerging trends and challenges and be exposed to significant leaders, guest speakers and existing graduates.
- Varied understanding of your core discipline through hands on experience supporting chartership professional/chartered registration status (if applicable)
- Experience in supporting different parts of our global business.
- Interaction with different teams, stakeholders, and clients
- Opportunity to get to know peers on a global basis and gain exposure to different leaders in the company.
- Increased awareness of strengths and areas of development to support professional and personal growth.
- Fundamentals of health, safety, and environment principles
- Supporting our community investment programmes
What you will learn:
- How to apply your learning into knowledge
- What is expected of you and how to be successful in your role?
- How Wood works safely and with integrity to deliver projects for clients in line with industry standards.
- The technical elements of your role and how to use key systems.
- Awareness of the wider Wood portfolio and how our company fits together.
- How to navigate your career and the potential career paths and time it will take to get there.
- Soft skills training leading to a Certificate IV in Project Management
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering, Engineering Electrical, Engineering Mechatronics
- Work rights:
Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident,...
- Closing Date:23rd May 2021, 1:55 pm