You are our next big idea.
Our business is evolving at incredible pace creating awesome career opportunities for those taking the first big step on their career journey. We constantly embrace change and never stand still; as a result, we are on the search for our next generation of brilliant employees.
Your early career journey at Wood as a graduate will be one of learning, discovery, and development. You will drive your own career, getting involved in the action from the word go, taking on complex challenges, sharing innovative ways of working to enhance the performance of a number of our customers.
Starting your career at Wood
You will have the opportunity to make a real impact with an organisation that truly cares, from industry challenges to making a difference in the communities in which we operate.
Sustainability is a huge part of life here. It is a major consideration in every project we undertake – whatever the challenge and whoever the customer.
Wood is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and inclusive working environment. We recognise that each of us has many different diverse traits which shape our view of the world, our perspective, and our approach.
On top of a competitive starting salary and various benefits, we create opportunities for you to connect, learn and grow. You will have the opportunity to network with great minds, through the support of your colleagues and through peer to peer relationships within our early careers network.
Some of the personal attributes we look for are:
- Flexible, adaptable, and open minded
- Proactive self-starter that is driven to succeed with a positive attitude.
- Problem solver that is curious in their approach with the capacity to grow and develop.
- Empathetic towards the needs of others
- Demonstrates integrity, honesty, and humility.
- Confidence to ask questions, seek help, make decisions, and challenge the norm.
Capabilities we look for are:
- Ability to communicate well at all levels.
- Reasonable level of confidence when speaking in an open forum.
- Strong technology skills
- Capacity to learn.
- Proactively seeks and provides feedback.
- Good understanding of the benefits of respecting and appreciating what makes people different.
- Be in your final year (or recently completed) of Bachelor of Construction Management/Bachelor of Applied Science (Construction Management) or similar degree achieving a high Credit or Distinction average
What you will get involved with:
- Promoting safe working practices within the commercial function.
- Under supervision, perform pre-award activities including support to the proposals team in terms of performing commercial review of tender documents, reviewing commercial proposals prior to submission for internal approval, preparing commercial qualifications and pricing notes, co-ordinating commercial and legal qualifications,
- Perform post award admin including; ensuring that the contract is set up correctly in the appropriate business system, ensuring that invoices are prepared in a timely and accurate manner and include full contract entitlement, ensuring commercial models and scope of delivery are understood by the contract management team, rate reviews are completed, change is captured in contract variations/amendments and commercial administration files are established and maintained. Interfaces with client on a regular basis.
- Lead and provide commercial support to a small team of contract finance personnel to ensure contract commercial compliance.
- Prepare monthly commercial management reports and input to monthly Contract Performance Reviews.
- Under supervision, perform contract commercial compliance review.
- Under supervision, perform contract close out tasks including reconciliation of costs to revenue, and where applicable KPI closeout.
- Use commercial processes and procedures to assist with tasks and can advise which should be used and when
- Support implementation of the Tender Governance Process within assigned project / sub business unit.
- Support governance and implementation of Financial Management Framework within assigned project / sub business unit.
- Liaison with various internal customers (Contract/Project Managers, Engineers) in all areas of commercial management, problem solving and dispute resolution with clients.
- Contribute directly to value creation and commercial gain to Wood and Clients.
- Enrolment and successful completion of Wood's Graduate Development Program
What you will learn:
- How to apply your learning into knowledge
- What is expected of you and how to be successful in your role?
- How Wood works safely and with integrity to deliver projects for clients in line with industry standards.
- The technical elements of your role and how to use key systems.
- Awareness of the wider Wood portfolio and how our company fits together.
- How to navigate your career and the potential career paths and time it will take to get there.
- Soft skills training leading to a Certificate IV in Project Management
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Construction, Engineering Civil Structural
- Work rights:
Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident,...
- Closing Date:2nd May 2021, 1:59 pm