Wood is currently recruiting for a Graduate Quality Engineer for our Melbourne based graduate program starting in February 2023.
This role may suit someone who is studying or has completed a degree in engineering or science and wants exposure within a multi-national organisation striving for operational excellence. Those with a double degree in Commerce/Business will be at an advantage.
This position will report directly to the Regional Quality Manager - APAC.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Provide support as directed by quality professionals in the successful implementation of quality strategies, plans, objectives, and deliverables.
- Support the continued communication, development, and improvement of our Business Management System (BMS)
- Support in the communication, development, and improvement of other supporting system such as Non-Conformance or customer satisfaction systems undertaking simple data analysis, guided by quality professionals.
- Support planned assurance activities through planning, execution, and reporting phases. This may include external assurance (e.g., suppliers and subcontractors)
- Support quality professionals in the production of quality deliverables in support of overall project or program implementation
- Engage delivery and supporting functions to increase awareness of interfaces, working practices
In Wood's two-year program, you will learn:
- How to apply your learning into knowledge
- What is expected of you and how to be successful in your role
- How Wood works safely and with integrity to deliver projects for clients in line with industry standards
- The technical elements of your role and how to use key systems
- Awareness of the wider Wood portfolio and how our company fits together
- How to navigate your career and the potential career paths and time it will take to get there
What you will get involved with:
- Working for one of the world's largest multinational engineering services and consultancy providers you will get the opportunity to work on world class projects across the countries in which we operate in with some of the best people in the world
- Attend tailored graduate training programs
- Enroll in a Certificate 4 in Project Management
- Global mentoring program
- Buddy program
- Monthly APAC region webinars on various personal development topics
- Attend lunch & learn sessions and social activities which are arranged by our graduate network
- Varied understanding of health & safety through hands on experience
- Experience in supporting different parts of our global business
- Interaction with different teams, stakeholders, and clients
- Opportunity to get to know peers on a global basis and gain exposure to different leaders in the company
- Increased awareness of strengths and areas of development to support professional and personal growth
- Fundamentals of health and safety principles
- Supporting our community investment programs
At Wood it takes a diverse range of people to achieve the level of impact we are having on the global energy sector.
As a successful member of the 2023 graduate program, you will have completed your engineering (any specialisation)/science degree by the end of 2022 or earlier at an Australian university. A double degree in Commerce/Business will be an advantage.
Skills / Qualifications
What we look for as a member of Wood’s graduate program:
- At Wood, we don't just look for WAM or GPA scores. We believe enthusiasm, personality, commitment, and creative thinking are just as important
- Flexible, adaptable, and open minded
- Proactive self-starter that is driven to succeed with a positive attitude
- Problem solver that is curious in their approach with the capacity to grow and develop
- Empathetic towards the needs of others
- Demonstrates integrity, honesty and humility
- Confidence to ask questions, seek help, make decisions and challenge the norm
What you can do well:
- Ability to communicate well at all levels
- Reasonable level of confidence when speaking in an open forum
- Strong IT skills
- Capacity to learn and proactively seek and provide feedback
- Good understanding of the benefits of respecting and appreciating what makes people different
- General understanding of quality management principles and practices.
Candidates must have full work rights in Australia (Australian citizenship or permanent residence) to be considered for this role and must also upload your resume and academic transcripts. Pro tip: merge your cover letter, resume and transcripts into one document and upload.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Business and Commerce, Engineering, Science
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Closing Date:14th Aug 2022, 1:59 pm