Wood is currently recruiting for a Supply Chain graduate for our Perth based Graduate Program commencing January 2022.
This position will report directly to the Senior Supply Chain Manager – Operations Asia Pacific.
Under supervision to undertake effective execution of all aspects of supply chain management including procurement, expediting, subcontracts, materials management and logistics.
Accountable for the successful delivery of Supply Chain activities that they are responsible for.
- Responsible for the end-to-end sourcing process of any procurement/subcontracts activity assigned to them, including but not limited to:
- Carry out price negotiations with suppliers to achieve demonstrable price reductions and capturing all internal and external in year savings targets as per business plan
- Coordinate supplier evaluation process for inclusion on the Wood Approved Supplier Register (ASR)
- Coordinate deviation requests and approvals for payment terms & early payment requests
- Assist with Supplier performance reviews and ongoing management ensuring corrective actions are taken where required
- Focal point to assist in ad-hoc supply chain enquiries such as invoice approvals, supplier evaluations, approved suppliers etc…
- Ad-hoc support direct to projects to assist with leave cover.
- Carry out all activity in accordance with the Wood Supply Chain Code of Conduct, ensure that all statutory and legal requirements and applicable processes and procedures are complied with and all documents are filed accurately and fully auditable.
- Promote safe working practices and demonstrate safety commitment.
- Understands and lives Woods vision, values and behaviours.
- Understands and works to the Wood Financial Management Framework
- All other tasks as reasonably requested by line management
- With support from Senior Supply Chain Manager, responsible for but not limited to:
- Liaison with business teams to develop and understanding of strategic sourcing requirements. Realign the supplier base to fit current business demand and support growth
- Support Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP) committee by conducting market analysis of ATSI suppliers, develop a capability assessment and complete supplier evaluation of suitable supplier to promote indigenous business engagement.
- Operations Asia Pacific focal point for Oracle Procurement and Requisition training to support engagement of supply chain and improved value to Wood
At Wood it takes a diverse range of people to achieve the level of impact we are having on the global energy sector.
As a successful member of the Wood Graduate Program, you will have completed your Bachelor degree or equivalent in Supply Chain Management or Commerce by the end of 2021 or earlier at an Australian university.
What we look for as a member of Wood’s Graduate Program:
- Flexible, adaptable and open minded
- Proactive self-starter that is driven to succeed with a positive attitude
- Problem solver that is curious in their approach with the capacity to grow and develop
- Empathetic towards the needs of others
- Can demonstrate integrity, honesty and humility
- Confidence to ask questions, seek help, make decisions and challenge the norm
What you can do well:
- Ability to communicate well at all levels
- Reasonable level of confidence when speaking in an open forum
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Capacity to learn and proactively seek and provide feedback
- Good understanding of the benefits of respecting and appreciating what makes people different
Candidates must have full work rights in Australia (Australian citizenship or permanent residence) to be considered for this role and must also upload your resume and academic transcripts. Pro tip: merge your cover letter, resume and transcripts into one document and upload.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Business and Commerce, Logistics and Supply...
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Level 3, 171 Collins Street, Melbourne, Australia, 3000Locations:
- Closing Date:26th Sep 2021, 1:59 pm