- Four business rotations (one every six months)
- Community leadership project
- Skills and career development workshops
- Peer, mentor and buddy support networks
Our Graduate Program will do more than nurture your career in your chosen field. We’ll help you to develop your full potential and become WorkSafe ready.
That’s why we’ve designed an intensive two-year program that strikes the right balance between flexibility and structure.
You’ll have the flexibility you need to follow your passion and shape the program to suit your interests and career aspirations. But the program is also structured to support you in broadening your horizons. After all, it’s often when you stretch beyond your comfort zone that you learn the most.
Learn our business
Every six months you’ll do a business rotation and benefit from working with a different team of experts. Our employees come from a wide variety of backgrounds and professions, so you can be confident you’re learning from the best. You’ll be involved in real work from day one.
The business rotations are a great way to see how different parts of WorkSafe contribute to our mission and make work safe for all Victorians.
We’ll work with you to create a tailored rotation plan including your area of interest, so you can get practical experience related to your area of study.
But we also believe that personal and professional growth comes from exposure to new people and perspectives, embracing opportunities and seizing the unfamiliar with both hands.
So you’ll spend two of your four rotations in areas related to health and safety and workers’ compensation to ensure you have a strong understanding of the whole organisation.
We’ll work with you to ensure the other two rotations align with your skills, interests and career aspirations.
Think of it like that round-the-world trip you’ve always wanted to take – you’ll be immersed in our culture, meet new people across our community, learn our lingo and be able to really find your place.
Develop your potential
There is so much to learn at WorkSafe, so our program is designed with plenty of development programs and support networks to help you along the way.
- Community Leadership Project – you’ll work on a project which will develop your leadership skills and give back to the community.
- Skills workshops – you’ll attend regular skills workshops that build your capability in areas that are essential for a successful career at WorkSafe.
- Graduate peer group – you’ll be able to network with fellow graduates and learn from each other’s experiences.
- Buddy program – you’ll be paired with a past graduate of our program. Many have established successful careers with WorkSafe and will be there as a guide and mentor as someone who has walked in your shoes.
- Mentor – we’ll also pair you with a leader from your business area of interest. This mentoring relationship will give you insights into WorkSafe, the business area and help you develop your professional network.
The last six months of the program will focus on career planning, so you can be confident about taking your next step with us.
We will help you prepare and apply for roles that complement your skills, interests and experience.