Execution Trading (Programming-focused) Intern
WorldQuant develops and deploys systematic financial strategies across a broad range of asset classes and global markets. We seek to produce high-quality predictive signals (alphas) through our proprietary research platform to employ financial strategies focused on exploiting market inefficiencies. Our teams work collaboratively to drive the production of alphas and financial strategies – the foundation of a balanced, global investment platform.
Technologists at WorldQuant research, design, code, test and deploy projects while working collaboratively with researchers and portfolio managers. Our environment is relaxed yet intellectually driven. Our teams are lean and agile, which means rapid prototyping of products with immediate user feedback. We seek people who think in code, aspire to tackle undiscovered computer science challenges and are motivated by being around like-minded people. In fact, of the 600 employees globally, approximately 500 of them code every day.
WorldQuant’s success is built on a culture that pairs academic sensibility with accountability for results. Employees are encouraged to think openly about problems, balancing intellectualism and practicality. Excellent ideas come from anyone, anywhere. Employees are encouraged to challenge conventional thinking and possess an attitude of continuous improvement. That’s a key ingredient in remaining a leader in any industry.
Our goal is to hire the best and the brightest. We value intellectual horsepower first and foremost, and people who demonstrate an outstanding talent. There is no roadmap to future success, so we need people who can help us build it. Our collective intelligence will drive us there.
The Execution Trading team primarily handles execution across Equities, FX, Futures and other asset classes. We monitor automated execution flows and analyze large data-sets to guide further automation and pursue improvements to reduce the cost of implementing WorldQuant\'s models. We also interface directly with portfolio managers, brokers, senior management, compliance, risk and many other teams and advise on algorithmic execution methods through an understanding of the underlying market structure.
We are seeking exceptionally bright & experienced individuals who thrive on solving challenging business & analytical problems. It\'s an unique opportunity for students with or without finance background to break into algorithmic trading. You will have the opportunities to work on very interesting projects like transaction cost analysis and algo development. Good programming skills is required as the role is coding heavy.
This role offers:
- Direct experience in a front office role
- Challenging real world projects to include in your career milestones
- Mentorship and industry guidance in your future career pathway after graduation
What You'll Bring:
- Perform statistical analysis on different types of data
- Build a framework using Python to produce transaction cost analysis (TCA) and analyze trading flow across Asia
- Contribute to execution algorithm development by conducting various research on market micro-structure, volume prediction and short term signals
- Currently pursuing a degree from a top tier institution in a quantitative or technical discipline
- Proficiency in one programming language (e.g. Python, C++, C#, Java) is required
- Students with no finance knowledge but with good programming skills are welcome to apply
- Experience in conducting Statistical analysis or handling Databases is a plus
- Interest in how markets work, impact and best in class execution methodology
- Must be able to commit to a minimum of 3 months, ideally available for 6 months
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Science, Statistics
- Work rights:Singapore Citizen, Singapore Permanent Resident
- Locations:Singapore (Singapore)
- Closing Date:31st Mar 2023, 3:59 pm