Portfolio & Treasury Services Engineer
WorldQuant develops and deploys systematic financial strategies across a broad range of asset classes and global markets. We seek to produce high-quality predictive signals (alphas) through our proprietary research platform to employ financial strategies focused on market inefficiencies. Our teams work collaboratively to drive the production of alphas and financial strategies – the foundation of a balanced, global investment platform.
Technologists at WorldQuant research, design, code, test and deploy projects while working collaboratively with researchers and portfolio managers. Our environment is relaxed yet intellectually driven. We seek people who think in code and are motivated by being around like-minded people.
WorldQuant is built on a culture that pairs academic sensibility with accountability for results. Employees are encouraged to think openly about problems, balancing intellectualism and practicality. Excellent ideas come from anyone, anywhere. Employees are encouraged to challenge conventional thinking and possess an attitude of continuous improvement.
Our goal is to hire the best and the brightest. We value intellectual horsepower first and foremost, and people who demonstrate an outstanding talent. There is no roadmap to future success, so we need people who can help us build it.
We are seeking an exceptionally talented intern to join our team. The Portfolio and Treasury Services team at WorldQuant runs systems that enable WorldQuant to process vast amounts of information and facilitate & optimize trading in line with the investment decisions. These are innovative financial modeling systems and tools that allow us to automate our trading operations. Our team works closely with portfolio managers and execution specialists to build custom-tailored unique solutions for them that provide clear business value, and support smooth trading on day to day basis.
What You’ll Bring:
- Currently pursuing a degree in computer science/engineering and exposure to Data Science/Analytics or a finance-related degree from a top tier institution.
- Strong programming skills in scripting languages such as Python.
- Strong data analysis & visualization skills using SQL, Python, Tableau or Excel. Experience working with Machine learning/Linear programming algorithms is a plus.
- Experience working with scientific libraries such as numpy, pandas, scipy.
- Strong quantitative & analytical skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and able to thrive with minimal direction.
- Possesses excellent written and oral communication skills.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in capital markets and drive to build a career in investment management.
- Job type:Internships
- Disciplines:Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Science, Statistics
- Work rights:Singapore Citizen, Singapore Permanent Resident
- Locations:Singapore (Singapore)
- Closing Date:31st Mar 2023, 3:59 pm