WorldQuant develops and deploys systematic financial strategies across a broad range of asset classes and global markets. We seek to produce high-quality predictive signals (alphas) through our proprietary research platform to employ financial strategies focused on market inefficiencies. Our teams work collaboratively to drive the production of alphas and financial strategies – the foundation of a balanced, global investment platform.
Technologists at WorldQuant research, design, code, test and deploy projects while working collaboratively with researchers and portfolio managers. Our environment is relaxed yet intellectually driven. We seek people who think in code and are motivated by being around like-minded people.
WorldQuant is built on a culture that pairs academic sensibility with accountability for results. Employees are encouraged to think openly about problems, balancing intellectualism and practicality. Excellent ideas come from anyone, anywhere. Employees are encouraged to challenge conventional thinking and possess an attitude of continuous improvement.
Our goal is to hire the best and the brightest. We value intellectual horsepower first and foremost, and people who demonstrate an outstanding talent. There is no roadmap to future success, so we need people who can help us build it.
Our research office in Singapore is seeking an exceptionally talented individual to join the team as a Quantitative Researcher. This position involves the creation of computer-based models that seek to predict the movements of worldwide financial markets. Candidates need not have prior knowledge of financial markets, but must have a strong interest in learning about stock markets and other financial markets. Our highly accomplished senior staff provides new hires with mentoring and guidance to help them succeed.
We offer outstanding career opportunities, which include:
- Competitive financial rewards, based on performance and position
- Friendly and collegial working environment
- Opportunity for promotion to Vice President in 2 to 4 years
- Opportunity to learn from investment experts
What You’ll Bring:
- Candidates holding or pursuing a BS (Hons), MS or PhD in in a highly quantitative or highly analytical field e.g. Math, Physics, Computer Science or Financial Engineering from a leading university with excellent academic records are strongly preferred
- Have a research scientist mindset, i.e., be a deep thinker, creative, persevering, smart, a self-starter, etc.
- Knowledge of Linear Algebra, Statistics, Machine Learning
- Prior experience in Finance/Trading is a plus.
- Be competent in a programming language (Python, Unix)
- Possess good English language skills
- Have a strong interest in learning about worldwide financial markets
- Possess a relentless drive to succeed, supplemented by a strong work ethic
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Science, Statistics
- Work rights:Singapore Citizen, Singapore Permanent Resident
- Locations:Singapore (Singapore)
- Closing Date:31st Mar 2023, 3:59 pm