The Worley Corporate Finance team is looking for a Graduate / Junior Financial Accountant to help undertake Treasury Middle Office activities such as Corporate and month-end reporting, preparation of financial statements, balance sheet reconciliations, Treasury deal settlements and other ad hoc tasks.
We are looking for an individual who can work in a fast-paced environment, meet tight deadlines and enjoys direct engagement with a variety of stakeholders and customers across the global business.
This is a fixed-term 8-month contract role with the possibility of extension and is one that will provide you with great insight into the workings of a Corporate Finance team and Treasury operations in a multinational, complex and dynamic organisation.
Benefits to you:
- Work from home on a full time basis
- Employee benefits including salary continuance insurance, novated leasing, shopping discounts etc.
- Paid parental leave program
- Ability to purchase additional leave
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assist the team in performing month end closing activities with a primary focus on balance sheet reconciliations including suspense review, reconciling foreign exchange movements, recurring journal posting, P/L analysis, HFM validations
- Help investigate:
- intercompany mismatches, accounting issues, tax, round robin, audit confirmation, etc.
- foreign exchange exposure (through money market deals, hedges and translation) and prepare recommendations to Treasury Front office to mitigate subsequent exposure
- queries from Group Finance and Management reporting team
- Assist in the preparation of treasury reporting analysis to keep track of debt movement, foreign exchange exposure, interest revenue and expenses, cashflow, facilities, cash position, etc
- Participate in conversations with Tax for tax queries, annual tax return, WHT, provision review, transfer pricing issues / reporting requirements
- Assist in the preparation of annual financial statements for audited entities where required
- Assist in documenting business processes, formalising Treasury-related accounting policies and procedures
- Relevant tertiary qualifications with Degree in Accounting, or studying towards
- Exposure to financial accounting and reporting processes
- Exposure to balance sheet reconciliation processes
- Basic Excel skills
- Familiarity with ERP and BI (Business Intelligence) environments advantageous but not essential
- Familiarity of Quantum and Hyperion advantageous but not essential
To be considered for this role, please attach your current resume, cover letter & current transcript.
Worley recognises the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to promoting fairness, equity and diversity in its workplace hence we encourage applications from people with a variety of experience and backgrounds. In addition, we recognise that everyone’s personal circumstances differ and thus understand the importance of offering flexibility in the working arrangements of our personnel. On this basis we will consider all types of engagements models, including part time and job sharing. We also offer, the ability to purchase up to 8 weeks leave, compressed work weeks, flexible hours, working from home and accrued flex days, to ensure that we attract and retain a diverse and dynamic workforce.
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Worley.
Make a real difference - witness the results - be a part of the Worley journey today!
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Work rights:
New Zealand Citizen, Australian Permanent...
Regional Queensland, Toowoomba
- Closing Date:19th Nov 2021, 12:59 pm