As a digital designer you’ll play a key role in creating intuitive, relevant and helpful experiences on Xero.com. We apply human-centred design to empathise with our users and focus on solutions that allow them to complete tasks easily.
You’ll have the opportunity to learn from a great team of experts across UX, visual design, content strategy, engineering, product management, data, learning, and performance. You’ll be working in an agile environment, exploring user needs and creating innovative experiences to support millions of small businesses.
What we need from you
We’re looking for applicants with a design degree, including digital, visual communications, graphic, industrial, interaction, and media design. Exposure to digital marketing would be an advantage.
- be curious, willing to actively listen and ask questions
- have confidence in your ability to proactively contribute to the team
- be an excellent communicator and team player
- have a deep passion for human-centred design
- believe in digital-first experiences
- be a problem solver who can take a multilateral approach to find the right solution
- be creative, agile, motivated and passionate
- like to question the status quo and take initiative
If this sounds like you, get in touch! We’d love to hear from you.
How to apply
We’ll need a copy of your CV, cover letter, portfolio and links to online projects, your website or Behance pages and anything else you want to show us.
We’ll also need a copy of your academic transcript – we know it won’t be complete until the end of the year, so just send us everything so far.
In your portfolio you should include examples of a few projects you’ve worked on that you’re proud of, including some web or app projects.
We want your portfolio to:
- show how you have identified and solved problems with design
- explain some of your design process
- show how users interact with your design, using InVision or a video of the interface
For the first interview, we’ll ask you to prepare a case study in advance and take us through the process. We’ll send you more information on what to prepare beforehand.
You need to be a citizen or permanent resident to apply. We’ll need a copy of your passport and/or visa for a start date in Feb 2022.
Applications open 1 May 2021 and close 30 June 2021.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Design and User Experience
- Work rights:
Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident
- Closing Date:30th Jun 2021, 7:00 am