Yancoal Australia is Australia’s largest pure play coal producer. It boasts three tier one thermal coal mines in New South Wales together with interests in three other metallurgical and thermal coal mines located in New South Wales and Queensland. Yancoal Australia also manages five other Australian coal mines on behalf of related parties. Yancoal currently employs approximately 3,700 people across its operations. At Yancoal our people are our most valuable asset, and we invest in developing our management and leadership talent throughout our operations.
The Yancoal Vacation Work Program
Our Vacation Work Program sets you up for a successful career! We believe transferrable skills and tangible outcomes are essential throughout our program. Therefore, the Yancoal Vacation Program provides students with a strong foundational understanding of their study area from an operational, systems and inclusive workplace perspective. You will gain practical experience and operational exposure of the day-to-day life of your discipline in the workplace. Throughout the 12-week program, you will work on a project to solve a problem and add tangible value to one of our mining operations. At Yancoal we do this with a strong focus on our workplace culture, teamwork driven on diversity and inclusion whilst building capability and career pathways at every level of our business.
We are looking for students who are currently in their second or third year of studying their undergraduate degree in the final disciplines:
- Mining Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Geology (Earth Sciences)
- Surveying (Spatial Sciences)
The program will run from late November 2021 – February 2022. During this time you will be placed at mine sites in Mudgee, NSW. Whilst learning and discovering your passion for your field, you will also earn a salary and be supported with accommodation close to your work location.
Who we are looking for:
Our vacation program is our pipeline for future graduates and leaders at Yancoal. We don’t expect you to have the knowledge yet, but we are looking for people who demonstrate the Yancoal Our-Way values of People, Safety, Innovation, Integrity and Excellence. The successful candidate will also have:
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems;
- Ability to quickly learn on the job, and ask insightful questions from Yancoal team members;
- Well-developed interpersonal and teamwork skills;
- Enthusiasm to embrace a mixed field and office role; and
- Ability to be based in regions in NSW or QLD as part of the graduate rotation.
To be eligible to apply for the vacation program you must:
- Be available for 12 weeks from late November 2021 – mid February 2022.
- Be currently enrolled in your second year or later of your undergraduate degree;
- Be an Australian Resident or Permanent Resident; and
- Have a current drivers licence.
At Yancoal we are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from people with a diverse background including women, people with English as a second language and Indigenous people.
Yancoal provides a range of benefits to appeal to the diverse needs of our employees. The Yancoal Vacation Program offers:
- Ongoing career following the program for Graduates who demonstrate the Yancoal Our-Way behaviours and technical aptitude;
- On the job mentoring and coaching by highly skilled professionals;
- Technical application of your skills, and professional skills development; and
- A great network fellow students, graduates and cadets!
Please note, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Applications close 18 August 2021
- Job type:Internships
Engineering, Mining Oil and Gas, Science
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
Regional New South...
- POSITION START DATE
Nov 2021 (approx)
- Program Duration
- Closing Date:3rd Aug 2021, 1:17 am