The Yancoal Graduate Program
Our Graduate Program sets you up for a successful career at Yancoal! We believe transferrable skills and tangible outcomes are essential throughout our program. Therefore, the Yancoal Graduate Program provides students with a strong foundational understanding of their study area from an operational, systems and inclusive workplace perspective. You will gain knowledge and understanding of the importance of how your discipline interacts with other departments within Yancoal to ensure our pit to port process is delivered seamlessly. At Yancoal we do this with a strong focus on our workplace culture, teamwork driven on diversity and inclusion whilst building capability and career pathways at every level of our business.
We are looking for students who are currently in their final year of studying their undergraduate degree in the final disciplines:
- Mining (Or Civil) Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Geology (Earth Sciences)
- Surveying (Spatial Sciences)
During our program you will undertake two or more rotations and during the rotations you will be placed at one of our Mine Sites or our offices in Sydney, or Newcastle. The location will be dependent on the rotational requirements.
Who we are looking for:
At Yancoal we are committed to a diverse and inclusive environment where people are encouraged to have a voice at the table. We appreciate everyone is different and we believe diversity of thought allows for well-rounded decision making. We encourage applications that create and build on diversity across our business such as women, the LGBTI+ community, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, mature workers and people from different cultural backgrounds.
Our graduates are the future leaders of Yancoal. We don’t expect you to have the knowledge yet. We will support you on your career journey. We are looking for people who demonstrate the Yancoal Our-Way values of People, Safety, Innovation, Integrity and Excellence. The successful candidate will also have:
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems;
- Ability to quickly learn on the job, and ask insightful questions from Yancoal team members;
- Well-developed interpersonal and teamwork skills;
- Enthusiasm to embrace a diverse role of in field and office; and
- Ability to be based in regions in NSW, QLD or WA as part of the graduate rotation. To be eligible to apply for the graduate program you must:
- Be in your final year of study of your undergraduate degree in the disciplines listed above, with university studies to be completed by the end of January 2022 (not necessary for graduation ceremony to have been held); • Be an Australian Resident or Permanent Resident; and
- Have a current drivers licence.
At Yancoal we are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We will encourage you to have a voice and share your views. We will listen and welcome different perspectives in an inclusive and team focussed environment. Benefits Yancoal provides a range of benefits to appeal to the diverse needs of our employees.
The Yancoal Graduate Program offers:
- Fantastic Salary and allowance if you are required to live away from home, or supplied accommodation;
- Ongoing career following the program for Graduates who demonstrate the Yancoal Our-Way behaviours and technical aptitude;
- An Assigned Mentor to support you during your program;
- Technical application of your skills, and professional skills development; and
- A great network of current and former graduates and cadets!
Yancoal also offers a number of employment benefits including:
- Corporate Subsidised Health Cover Premiums
- Salary Continuance and Life Insurance Cover
- Salary Sacrifice Options
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Education Assistance
- Service Recognition
- Paid Parental Leave Provisions
Please note, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Applications close 18th April 2021
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering, Mining Oil and Gas, Science
- Work rights:
New Zealand Citizen, Australian Citizen,...
Regional New South...
- Program Duration
- Position start date
- Closing Date:18th Apr 2021, 7:00 am