Yara grows knowledge to responsibly feed the world and protect the planet, to fulfill our vision of a collaborative society, a world without hunger and a planet respected. To meet these commitments, we have taken the lead in developing digital farming tools for precision farming and work closely with partners throughout the whole food value chain to develop more climate-friendly crop nutrition solutions. In addition, we are committed to working towards sustainable mineral fertilizer production. We foster an open culture of diversity and inclusion that promotes the safety and integrity of our employees, contractors, business partners, and society at large. Founded in 1905 to solve the emerging famine in Europe, Yara has a worldwide presence of about 17,000 employees and operations in over 60 countries.
A residential opportunity exists for Graduate Instrumentation & Control (I&C) Engineer who is in their penultimate year of completing an Engineering Degree. This position is based in Karratha, Western Australia and will work across Ammonia, Nitric Acid and Ammonium Nitrate production plants. This is a 3-year, fixed term role that will work closely with our I&C Engineers. The Graduate I&C Engineer will provide support to the ongoing improvement initiatives, reliability and maintenance of both plants.
As part of this program our Graduate Engineers complete on the job training in multiple areas across both our production facilities, they are allocated highly trained and skilled mentors at different stages of the program to help guide their development. Yara's Graduate Program also includes a 2-year training program with Engineers Education Australia which includes off the site workshops and eLearning projects and activities.
As part of the Maintenance Team, you will gain experience and contribute to the following areas:
- Ensuring compliance to Electrical Engineering and statutory requirements
- Exposure to high voltage and Low voltage system
- Exposure to Various electrical equipment (Transformers, motors, Switchgears, UPS, Battery charger MOV, Lighting)
- Exposure to various protection relays
- Update electrical drawings
- Update electrical documents in SAP
- Manage projects and uphold sound project management principals
- Develop sound safety and ethical practices
- Participate in a range of Risk Assessments at many levels of the business
- Reliability strategy for critical assists
- Support the preventive maintenance process
- Complete workplace audits
- Applicants must be currently completing their penultimate/final year of studying a Masters or Honours of Professional Engineering specialising in Electronics, Mechatronics and/or Instrumentation Controls Engineering
- Must be available to commence full-time employment in early 2022
- All candidates must submit a cover letter, resume and their latest academic results (minimum credit average) as part of the application
- Having undertaken previous Electrical Engineering vacation work is desirable
- Microsoft office and database management skills
- Demonstrated employment history is desirable
- Sound teamwork, communication skills and a commitment to quality
- Strong written and verbal skills
This position is residential to Karratha, housing and relocation assistance is offered.
For information on living in Karratha please visit www.karrathaiscalling.com.au/
We welcome and encourage women and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent to apply.
For more information on Yara International please access www.yara.com.au
- Job type:Entry Level Jobs
- Work rights:
Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident,...
- Lot 564 Village Road, Burrup WA 6713Locations:
Regional Western Australia
- Closing Date:10th Jun 2021, 1:59 pm