Yara grows knowledge to responsibly feed the world and protect the planet, to fulfill our vision of a collaborative society, a world without hunger and a planet respected. To meet these commitments, we have taken the lead in developing digital farming tools for precision farming and work closely with partners throughout the whole food value chain to develop more climate-friendly crop nutrition solutions. In addition, we are committed to working towards sustainable mineral fertilizer production. We foster an open culture of diversity and inclusion that promotes the safety and integrity of our employees, contractors, business partners, and society at large. Founded in 1905 to solve the emerging famine in Europe, Yara has a worldwide presence of about 17,000 employees and operations in over 60 countries.
Our operations in Western Australia have created a downstream processing precinct in the resource rich Pilbara region. We have two facilities, using natural gas as the key input, located in an approved strategic industrial estate established by the Australian and Western Australian governments. The Yara Pilbara Fertilisers plant is one of the largest ammonia production sites in the world and we export ammonia to domestic and global markets from the nearby port of Dampier, which is mainly used in fertilisers to help feed the world. We have taken the ammonia process further downstream with the Yara Pilbara Nitrates Technical Ammonium Nitrate (TAN) plant. A joint venture with Orica, the facility converts ammonia into a material crucial for the mines located throughout the Pilbara. Yara Pilbara and ENGIE will also build a renewable hydrogen plant to produce renewable ammonia. As part of the ARENA Renewable Hydrogen Deployment Funding Round, the Australian government is providing strong support for this project with a A$42.5 million grant. Scheduled for completion in 2023, the facility will be one of the world’s first industrial-scale renewable hydrogen production operations.
We are always looking for ambitious and curious-minded colleagues who are keen to make a difference, whilst residing in the nearby coastal city of Karratha, Western Australia, a key community in the region with a resource focus and a relaxed, friendly lifestyle. All roles offered are on a residential basis.
Our employees from all over the world work together to achieve common goals. The pace can be fast and our challenges complex, but the atmosphere is welcoming and inclusive. Become part of a global network collaborating to responsibly and profitably solve some of the world’s biggest challenges — resource scarcity, food insecurity, and environmental change.
Looking for an exciting new challenge? Yara are seeking applications for their 3 year fixed-term role of Graduate Turnaround Project Engineer. Reporting to the Turnaround Superintendent, the Graduate Turnaround Engineer will work closely with engineer, planners and schedulers in the turnaround team working across the ammonia, nitric acid and ammonium nitrate plant, to achieve end to end turnaround planning and execution and to meet turnaround objectives and goals.
This position will give you the opportunity to learn and gain understanding and experience in the following areas:
- Safety ethics and practices which includes implementation of Yara’s Safe by Choice actions in respective areas, ensuring safety and planning, ensuring contractors’ safety and ensuring quality of JSEA and compliance to SSJA.
- Planning, budgeting and cost control processes and project management.
- Management of Change process – working with engineers to ensure successful implementation.
- The requirements of working on a Major Hazard facility and risk management.
- Plant operation and thoroughness required on PFD, P&ID’s, Isometrics & Equipment GA.
- Computer - Microsoft/e-mail/intranet/file management.
- Development of management reports and presentations as required for turnaround updates.
- Job coordination with operation, including isolation requirements for a safe job handover.
- Analysis of jobs scope and understanding of its criticality and how to prioritise.
- Department and workplace audits.
- Day to day supervision.
- Job quality inspection and assurance.
- Coordination of post-job documentation
- Coordination of work packs/job checklists.
- Ensure proper job closer and good house-keeping.
- Autonomy to perform work in a responsible way, minimising the impact of potential issues and threats and how to have a good risk judgement inclination.
- Remote site awareness.
- Procedural compliance.
- Ability to use objective data.
Join us at Yara - click “Apply” to submit your application.
- Bachelor Degree in Chemical OR Mechanical Engineering, with Masters/Honours or equivalent – graduating with Distinction or High Distinction preferred
- Previous engineering vacation work experience
- Microsoft Office and database management experience
- Understanding of engineering and statutory requirements for a Process (Chemical) Plant
- Prior exposure to industry will be an asset
- Ability to show initiative
- Ability and willingness to support 24 x 7 operations and to work after hours if required
- Demonstrated/proven analytical skills
- Excellent report-writing skills
- Willingness to serve in Emergency Response, if required
- Good attention to detail, especially when utilising computer software
- Systematic approach to work
- Fluent English is essential
- Australian/New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency. Temporary work visa holders are not eligible for this role.
We welcome and encourage women and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent to apply.
For more information on Yara International please access www.yara.com.au
We reserve the right to close this advertisement before the closing date.
What’s On Offer
- Industry-leading paid parental leave
- Excellent remuneration package including location allowance
- Karratha housing support
- Relocation assistance
- Wellness programs
- Culturally diverse workforce with a D&I Ambassador program
- Salary packaging available
- Annual retention flights
- Active Social Club
- Utility rebates
- Learning and development opportunities
Yara reserve the right to close this advertisement early.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
Western Australia, Pilbara...
- Closing Date:1st Feb 2022, 12:59 pm