YoungGun Cricket - Who Are We?
We should get on the front foot straight away…
Cricket is our passion. It’s actually our life. We aren’t accountants or sales reps who coach after 9-5, we are full time cricket coaches who have devoted our life to the game and have undeniable commitment to helping people get better.
The game is everything to us and at times we can be guilty of obsession. Like our players we explore the game and how it is played and coached and we often find the best ideas and direction for the company come from collaboration and a team first approach to ideas.
We believe in the power of dreams… Creating. Chasing and ultimately living it and we love the fact that we help many young players live the dream of playing cricket at the highest level.
We changed the game a few years back when we created the first truly world class cricket training/coaching facility in Melbourne. We believe in High Performance game education regardless of your playing level and we take pride in being pioneers vis our knowledge, use of industry leading technology and providing the most complete holistic offering in the marketplace to a range of cricketers from foundation level to elite international professionals.
The Internship – Flexible Hours Around Your Study
Our Team at YoungGun Cricket is very hands on and we want to share our experience with you and teach you what we know. We get things done and creativity, imagination and taking on the game are all cornerstones of our success. Empowerment and freedom of expression are always encouraged and with mentorship and direction, the intern will play their own role.
The successful Digital Media/Sports Marketing Intern will be proactive, energetic and creative. You will be charismatic, enjoy interaction with people of all types and kinds and be able to relate to everyone.
While we don’t really believe in standard or typical tasks or work-days – some of your duties will include:
- Creation of engaging and relevant marketing content to be used across various social media and online platforms (inclusive of graphics and videos)
- Video Capture, Editing and Distribution
- Social Media Design, Scheduling and Implementation
- Regular research and identification of target market segments with potential growth areas
- Providing digital marketing support as directed
- Come up with creative and sometimes crazy ideas following late night cricket conversations …
The Successful Intern
You have probably already guessed but the successful intern will have a demonstrated passion and understanding of cricket. If you went to a Big Bash game with your family in 2018 or have ever said you don’t really like test cricket but love Twenty20 then it’s probably not going to work.
While we don’t expect you to EAT, SLEEP and BREATHE cricket as much as we do (we aren’t sure there are bigger cricket tragics) you should know the finer points of Nightwatchmen, Reverse Sweeps and understand who Duckworth Lewis are. If you actually know who Stern is then you should send us a resume ASAP.
We tend to be straight to the point and give honest feedback and you should be able to take, understand and do the same in return.
You will be a highly driven marketing individual who is wanting valuable work experience in the sporting industry. In addition, you will be/have:
- Currently undertaking a tertiary qualification in Marketing / Communications or a related discipline
- Actively looking for a short-term internship placement
- Outstanding written and communication skills
- Willing to learn on the job and hit the ground running
- Full understanding of SEO and website optimisation planning including digital landscapes
- Knowledge of the latest social media platforms and creating content for marketing initiatives
- A team player who is flexible and understands there is no such thing as typical work hours in a cricket centre.
What Can We Offer?
The Intern position is unpaid but we can offer many benefits… ·
- You’ll get to watch the cricket at work
- You can have a hit on a bowling machine after work
- We get tickets to cricket matches and are willing to take you along
- You can develop life-long skills and improve your current skillset
- Flexible hours and work conditions built around your study
The Internship will offer hours / working days which are flexible in line with your tertiary course placement requirements, study, part time employment and even cricket training.
In addition we can provide real tangible work experience, flexibility, mentorship by an experienced group of sporting professionals, opportunity to work in a highly dynamic cricket environment and chance to build your own sports brand where you set your career up for when you graduate.
If you think you can bowl us over then don’t risk getting run out.
We are not interested in your resume.
We will learn more and would rather read a summary of who you are, why you will benefit from the internship and what your favourite thing about cricket is.
To register your interest, please send your application to [email protected]
- Job type:Internships
Communications, Marketing and Sales, Media and...
- Work rights:
New Zealand Citizen, Australian Working...
- 32 Levanswell Road, Moorabbin Victoria 3189Locations:
- Closing Date:5th Jan 2021, 12:59 pm