AI Job Summary
One click away from a concise summary
You know lots about financial accounting theory and taxation law from university, but you don't have any real-world experience. Or, maybe, you have work experience overseas but not in the Australian Accounting and Taxation system.
If that's the case, you'll benefit much from this program.
Learn how to manage a client and businesses, from setting them up to running the year-end reports and interpreting them to understand the company's performance as a whole. Additionally, get trained to prepare both individual and business tax returns by understanding the residency for tax purposes, taxable incomes, allowable deductions, tax offsets, other tax obligations, capital gain tax, investment properties, .
As a result, you'll have a solid grasp of what accountants perform on a day-to-day basis in a CA Public Practice.
Key Program Takeaways
- Employ the essential Accounting skills including banking, fixed asset, payroll, accounts receivable and accounts payable on a daily business operational level.
- Knowledge of chart of accounts, tax code and taxation regulations.
- Preparation and the delivery of basic reporting as well as Management reporting
- Familiarising and applying the Xero and Xero Practice Manager technical skills in a professional way.
- Learn the month-end reconciliations, GST Calculation, BAS lodgement and preparation of financial reporting.
- Prepare Individual Tax Returns by learning different types of incomes, allowable deductions, Medicare Levy, tax offsets and other important tax concepts.
- Preparing Investment property schedules covering; Residential Rental Property, Joint Owners of a property, Co-owner of an investment property, Partners carrying on a business of letting rental properties, Inclusions and exclusions in rental income, Negative Gearing, Allowable deductions
- Calculating Capital Gains and Losses, Capital Gain Tax, Acquiring Assets, Selling Assets and CGT Events, Cost Base, Elements of cost base and reduced cost base, Capital Proceeds, CGT Obligations
- Taxation for Sole Traders, Partnership, Companies and Trusts
- Get Trained in Xero Accounting and Xero Practice / Tax Manager
Career Support Program:
- Enter the course as a beginner and be job-ready by graduation
- 16 weeks of personalised career support and access to the learning portal
- Gain real industry working experiences, pinpoint job opportunities, and prepare for interviews, with a professional training team that has an 80%+ success rate.
- Career support package including resume makeover, reference letter, career support workshops, and mock interviews
- Complete 16 weeks of internship work placements with a leading accounting firm.
- Mentored by CAs, CPAs, ACCAs and, an Approved Training Employer by CA ANZ
- Develop a portfolio of work and interview-ready examples for your future career development.
- Get real workplace mentoring and feedback on your skills.
- Gaining higher employability under the competitive job market.
- Receiving internship certificates for successful completion of the program.
- Be able to claim back CPD hours and internship hours for CPA.
Learn by doing:
- Perform assessments in each module accomplishing at a given pass rate, then get trained on practical clients' work.
Earn trusted and recognised credentials:
- Earn a Xero Advisor*, Payroll certificate* and receive an Internship Certificate after the completion of the internship program. (Xero Certificates are only available for the Xero Programs)
Who is this course for ?
Bookkeepers, small business owners and sole traders who wish to prepare their own bookkeeping records
* As our programme contents are continually updated by a team of experienced Chartered Accountants and industry professionals, there is a training fee applies and payment options are available.
Want to explore more programs ? Click Here for our NextGen iQ Portal : https://portal.nextgeniq.com.au/#/home
Talk to our Career Consultants today to explore your options: https://bit.ly/3MUg2XM
- Job type:Internships
- Disciplines:Accounting, Business and Commerce
- Work rights:Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident,...
- Work from home:Hybrid remote
Employees are allowed to work remotely some of the time but most of the work is done at the company’s physical office. Remote work is considered a perk or a privilege. For example, an employee may work from home for 1-2 days per week.
- POSITION START DATE
Jan 2023 (approx)
- accepts international
- Program Duration
- Closing Date:13th Feb 2024, 12:59 pm