Our award-winning graduate program could be exactly what you need to start your professional career. We are looking for people who thrive working in a fast-paced, changing environment and are passionate, dynamic and like to think outside the square.
Sound like fun? We’d like to hear from you!
1 job available
If you’re interested in working at Australia Post, understanding when they have opened up applications for their graduate programs, graduate jobs and internships is helpful knowledge to have so you know when you might need to apply. Use the below information to see when Australia Post hires graduates, but more importantly what graduate degree’s and other student attributes they target for their jobs.
Australia Post reaches more Australians than any other company – delivering to over 11 million households and helping over 1 million customers across our retail network.
As technology continues to change our world, the needs of our customers and communities are changing with it. That’s why we’re changing too.
Whether it’s through parcel or mail delivery, identity services, e-commerce solutions, payments or trusted communications, we believe in helping our people deliver a better future for everyone, everywhere, every day. Our people are at the heart of our business – that’s why we want you!
Our award-winning Graduate Program as been designed to help you grow in your personal career aspirations, while working in one of Australia’s fastest-changing businesses.
You’ll be joining a dynamic culture that values innovative ideas and personal growth. Where there’s a real sense of possibility and opportunity for each of our graduates. Where you’re supported from day one – as part of a tight-knit graduate group.
Whether it’s through parcel or mail delivery, identity services, e-commerce solutions, payments or communications, our people are essential to delivering a better future for every Australian, everywhere, every day. At the same time, you’ll be working on growing your own future – and realising first-hand just how much you’re capable of.
How the Australia Post Graduate Program works
As a graduate, you'll participate in a structured two year program and undergo three eight month rotations - exposing you to both business-as-usual activities and standalone projects. You will experience various business rotations within the stream you apply for.
For the 2019 Graduate Program intake opportunities are available within the following streams: Business Generalist, HR, Marketing and Communications, Finance, IT and Digital.
We want to help you grow to become a great leader – with a genuinely rewarding career. Which is why you'll be involved in meaningful work across our business from your very first day. You'll gain exposure to a variety of projects - and develop the critical skills that will make you a true business all-rounder.
As a graduate in your chosen stream, you’ll experience a structured two-year program which includes:
- A graduate-tailored induction program to help your transition into corporate life
- Access to senior manager mentors
- Business rotations
- A series of development workshops
- Participation in our buddy program
- Extensive networking opportunities and more.…
Over that time, you’ll be exposed to both business-as-usual activities and strategic projects – playing a significant role in helping us to transform the way Australia Post does business.
What types of graduates are we looking for?
We have opportunities for graduates across a number of streams – including Business Generalist, HR, Marketing and Communications, Finance, IT and Digital. To see if we have something that fits with where you’re hoping to grow, check out detailed stream descriptions on the ‘About’ section of our website.
All of our roles are based at Australia Post headquarters in Melbourne CBD.
To be eligible to apply for the Australia Post Graduate Program, you must:
- have completed your undergraduate or postgraduate studies in the last 3 years, or currently be completing them
- have an Australian citizenship (including New Zealand Citizenship) or Australian permanent residency at the time you apply.
Exciting opportunities exist for graduates who think big, work hard, and are excited to grow in an organisation with a strong focus on its people – and its customers.
If this sounds like you, then check out our website to determine which stream best suits you.
You can also visit us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/auspostgrads.
We believe a diverse and inclusive workplace encourages better connections within communities.
We welcome difference
We’re passionate about strengthening relationships and appreciating a variety of ideas and opinions. This means supporting an inclusive environment in and out of the office by:
- attracting and retaining people with a range of relevant skills, experiences and capabilities from a broad talent pool
- developing an inclusive culture where our people are engaged, feel they belong and their unique contribution is valued
- connecting effectively with our customers and community to understand and respond to their needs
- fostering innovation by leveraging the experience and ideas of our people and embracing different viewpoints
Our latest Diversity and Inclusion Annual Report describes our most recent efforts to build a more diverse and inclusive workplace.
We have a proven record in improving gender balance at all levels of leadership and in traditionally male-dominated areas. We’re remaining committed to improving gender balance and investing in initiatives such as:
- leadership and career programs – supporting development and advancement of our female talent
- mentoring and sponsorship – developing our next generation of leaders
- networking – to foster business collaboration and raise the profile of our female leaders
- flexibility – providing fulfilling and flexible careers
Acknowledging the traditional custodians of this land, their ancestors, elders and the commitment to reconciliation with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders is very important to us. We have a long and proud history of providing employment and career development, building sustainable business growth in partnership, and supporting economic participation of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Our current Stretch Reconciliation Action Plan provides more extensive details of our commitment to reconciliation.
Reconciliation to us means:
- working in partnership across our business to achieve parity in our workforce for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- addressing inequality to create positive social change, by working with the strength and resilience of community.
- supporting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander business to innovate, grow and succeed.
- connecting Australia’s most remote communities and country towns to anywhere on the globe.
- showing respect and earning respect of others.
We proudly welcome and support people of any sexual orientation, gender identity or intersex status. Our PostPride network of LGBTI+ employees and allies has grown over the past few years to many hundreds of people. We support events such as Midsumma Festival in Victoria, International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia and Transphobia (IDAHOBIT), Wear It Purple Day, and the Australian LGBTI Awards. Our people have marched under the PostPride banner at Pride marches in Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth and Dubbo, and have participated in the Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras Fair Day.
Our workforce has one of the most culturally and linguistically diverse workforces in Australia. By enhancing the skills and capability of our people, we aim to break down language and cultural barriers and provide career fulfilment. Our key initiatives include:
- language and literacy
- computer literacy
- cultural awareness
- career management
We’re also a proud sponsor of ‘A Taste of Harmony’, an event we celebrate nationally in our offices, facilities and retail outlets to embrace our different cultures.
We have a longstanding commitment to creating an inclusive organisation for people with a disability. Our second Accessibility Action Plan describes our commitments to improving inclusion and accessibility for people with a disability. This includes providing employment opportunities, products and services.
Our focus areas for people with a disability include:
- leadership and role modelling
- raising disability awareness and confidence
- barrier free recruitment practices to attract and recruit candidates from a diverse talent pool
- workplace adjustments and accessibility resources.