Cognizant (Nasdaq-100:CTSH) is one of the world’s leading professional services companies, transforming clients’ business, operation and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses.
Cognizant currently has 0 opportunities.
Select the following options:
If you’re interested in working at Cognizant, understanding when they have opened up applications for their graduate programs, graduate jobs and internships is helpful knowledge to have so you know when you might need to apply. Use the below information to see when Cognizant hires graduates, but more importantly what graduate degree’s and other student attributes they target for their jobs.
Cognizant is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era.
Our industry-based, consultative approach helps many of the best-known organisations in Australia in every industry build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Put simply, we help clients get digital done with the scale needed to transform their complex organisations to capitalise on the tremendous opportunities the latest technologies make possible, and the speed expected by their customers, partners and owners.
We bring our expertise to our clients in Australia through
- An expanding global delivery platform, offering an agile, diverse team around the world available 24/7, and local consultants available in person to collaborate with clients and
- Digital technology and Industry specific solutions that address the challenges and opportunities presented by the digital age and
- Strategic partnerships that provide best-in-class capabilities brought to you by Cognizant and the most trusted names in technology
For the fourth year running, Cognizant Australia has been certified as a Top Employer in 2020, for Excellence in Workforce Planning, Talent Strategy, Leadership Development and Career and Succession Management. Cognizant provides and inclusive and dynamic workplace built on collaboration, respect and meaningful work. We are proud to have over 100,000 women and more than 100 nationalities across our offices in 48 countries. We seek and develop experienced and diverse talent and also welcome fresh graduates with drive and perspective, who can be trained for future-ready leadership in a digital world.
Learn more about Cognizant at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.
Students, if you’re like us, you’ve got big ideas. At Cognizant, we’re exploring new ideas every day.
About our Graduate Opportunity
As a Graduate Trainee at Cognizant, you will be a member of a fast growing local team of a truly global organization which is a leader in business and technology services, who provide a full range of services to our clients across a variety of industries. If selected, you will immediately commence a structured induction program under the Cognizant Academy and subsequently be assigned to a client engagement in Australia where you will work alongside experienced Cognizant Associates in delivering technology solutions. You will be embedded within the Cognizant teams that are currently delivering projects to our customers and you will learn skills that cannot be taught in a classroom and put into practice some of your theory and problem solving skills.
What are we offering?
Our Graduate Program offers a one-year training program that is targeted to the team you join. You will be given unique opportunities to work across the entire technical, consulting and digital space within specialized business units, where you will have the opportunity to be a team member that is currently delivering solutions within transformation engagements. You will be trained and mentored by top Cognizant experts and be exposed to the latest in methodologies applicable to the business unit that you join.
Our graduate program has two key differentiation components:
Innovation and Experiential Learning
Graduates will have direct opportunities to be mentored by industry experts within Cognizant, and draw from them to gain a solid understanding of business and market challenges. Practical experience and applications of information research will enhance the graduate’s individual learning and expert feedback will help further skills development.
We believe that your learning should not be confined to a single area of the business. Our graduates will take part in existing live projects and directly interact with our partnerships and clients. This will enable you to not only gain exposure to our external business environment but provide opportunities to enhance your leadership and project management skills
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for motivated graduates who:
- Possess a strong attitude to learning and are willing to push past their personal and professional limits.
- Have excellent communication skills and flexibility are a must, as we operate in a highly diverse and dynamic work environment.
- Relevant educational background in Engineering, IT/T and Computer Science required.
- To be eligible, you will need to be: An Australian Citizen or Permanent resident
- Have completed your undergraduate degree in the last 2 years from either a STEM discipline e.g. Science, Computer Science, IT/T Systems, Engineering or Mathematics
If you would like to express interest in role, please follow the instructions in our Application Process. We thank you for taking interest in this opportunity with us. For a complete list of opportunities with Cognizant visit http://www.cognizant.com/careers.
Cognizant is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities. Successful candidate will be required to undergo a background check.
At Cognizant, we like to keep our application process as transparent and straight forward as possible. Our Graduate Selection process is as follows:
- To apply to our graduate program, you will be required to upload a Cover Letter, a copy of your latest CV and Academic Transcript. If you have not received the official copy of your Academic Transcript yet, we can accept the unofficial copy for the timing.
- These details will help us gain a preliminary understanding across your educational background, work and project experiences, your interests and aspirations, and recent results.
- Profile Screening & HR Screening Call
- Once your application has been received, our Talent Acquisition team will review the details submitted to assess eligibility and suitability to our graduate opportunities.
- Shortlisted candidates will receive a phone call from one of our Talent Acquisition consultants to run you through a preliminary HR screening call. The HR screening call will be used as an opportunity to gain a better understanding of your current experience, aspirations and situation.
- Due to the high volume of applicants, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for a further discussion.
- Online Practical Test
- Promising candidates will be invited to attend an Online Assessment which would be used as an additional tool for us to get a better insight across your abilities. Our Talent Acquisition team will be in touch with those shortlisted to this stage to guide them through it.
- Face-to-Face Interview
- Candidates shortlisted to next steps will be invited to attend a Face-to-Face Interview with the Business Team. This interview will seek to assess your fitment to the organization and alignment to the chosen business stream. The interviewer/s will also aim to use the interview to determine whether your career aspirations will match well with what Cognizant can offer.
- Candidates who have been shortlisted to offer stage, will be notified by their Talent Acquisition point of contact once a final outcome has been confirmed. They will work closely with you to guide you through the next steps associated with the offer, offer release and onboarding process.
A sneak peek inside Cognizant Australia’s offices, where new graduates kick-start their career!
Cognizant Sydney Headquarters
“An exploration in juxtaposition of space and texture, the Cognizant HQ in Sydney is a daring yet restrained workspace that encapsulates the personality of the brand and solidifies their presence within the Australian technology sector.” – Driven x Design
Our Cognizant Sydney office is a newly designed space which has recently been awarded ‘Silver’ in the Sydney Design Awards for 2020. Careful planning and collaborative work was invested in carving out this innovative and culminating design that has the ability to transform and adapt to suit the needs of its employees and Cognizant’s key clients and stakeholders.
Check out some photos below for an insight into your future place of work.
Our Open Kitchen Facilities
Flexible Working Areas
Adaptable Working Spaces
Cognizant Melbourne: the Collaboratory
Located in the heart of Melbourne’s technology district, the Cognizant Melbourne office is Cognizant’s First Asia Pacific Collaboratory – a dedicated space where Cognizant works with customers to imagine and build the future of their work. It’s a place where specialists from Cognizant—designers, strategists, technologies and partners—work hand in hand with clients to take advantage of the opportunity that new waves of digital technology are creating right now.
At Cognizant, we are driven by our purpose and guided by our values.
We engineer modern businesses to improve everyday life.
Each member of our team takes responsibility for creating a culture that enables exceptional outcomes.
Levelling the Playing Field for Women in IT
Cognizant is committed to supporting gender diversity across the workplace, leveling the playing field for women in tech careers around the world. We are proud of our ongoing progress. Learn why Forbes had named Cognizant to its list of “America’s Best Employers for Diversity 2019”.
We are proud of the strides we’ve made over the past 18 months:
- 40% of total Cognizant new hires — approximately 30,000 — were women. Women now represent approximately one-third of our global workforce.
- At the 2019 MAKERS conference, Cognizant pledged to employ at least women around the world by 2020. This milestone was reached well ahead of our stated 2020 goal with 100,000 women in 48 countries.
- ACCELERATING GENDER DIVERSITY in our leadership pipeline: 400 women will graduate by December 2019 from “Propel,” our women’s global leadership development program launched in 2018.
- INVESTING IN WOMEN IN TECH 400: $4.1 million grant to National Center for Women &Information Technology (NCWIT) by the Cognizant U.S. Foundation in December 2018. Grant supports digital skills education and awareness to increase interest among women of all ages in tech careers.
- Promoting Gender Parity: Focusing on governance:
- Two women now serve on Cognizant’s Board of Directors, and half of the Cognizant U.S. Foundation’s board of directors is female.
- Forbes names Cognizant to its list of “America’s Best Employers for Diversity 2019” and to“Best Employers for Women 2018.”
We’re Completely Cognizant — Celebrating Inclusion. Advancing Diversity.
To learn more about our commitment to creating a more diverse, inclusive and belonging workplace, visit us at www.cognizant.com/diversityinclusion.