The Northern Territory public sector (NTPS) is the Northern Territory’s largest single employer with over 20 000 employees.
1 job available
If you’re interested in working at Northern Territory Government, understanding when they have opened up applications for their graduate programs, graduate jobs and internships is helpful knowledge to have so you know when you might need to apply. Use the below information to see when Northern Territory Government hires graduates, but more importantly what graduate degree’s and other student attributes they target for their jobs.
There are multiple graduate positions available through the Department of the Chief Minister and Department of Treasury and Finance. Applicants have the opportunity to identify their preferred agency at time of completing the application form. Applicants can select both agencies on their application form.
The Department of the Chief Minister (DCM) is the lead central agency whose primary role is to support the Chief Minister, the Cabinet and other government stakeholders in the delivery of Government’s priorities.
DCM plays a vital role in the social, economic and environmental development of the Northern Territory to deliver outcomes for all Territorians. The agency is a primary source of the high quality policy advice to government, both responding to issues but also providing strategic advice on emerging issues.
The Department of Treasury and Finance (DTF) is a key central agency that provides advice to the Northern Territory Government. DTF has a well-established and hard earned reputation for providing high quality, expert and specialist policy advice and services to the Treasurer, the Government, other agencies and the Territory community.
DTF is a trusted and influential adviser in areas including financial management, economic, taxation and regulatory issues, government borrowing and investment, and public sector superannuation.
As a graduate in a lead agency within the Northern Territory Government there's never a dull moment. The graduate programs are set in a dynamic and challenging work environment that deals with strategic policy and economic management at the highest level in the Territory.
You will be offered well-structured training and development while on the job. You will have the opportunity to grow an understanding of how government operates through tailored job rotations in different areas of the agency.
You will work on high level projects with the support from mentors and have tailored individual work plans to develop your knowledge and communication skills.
You will engage in training that will build on your hard and soft skills and have the opportunity to learn from some of the brightest leaders in our public service.
We look for graduates who have a grade point average of credit or above. Graduates must be well-rounded and show potential as future leaders. We are looking for graduates that have:
- Demonstrated analytical and research skills
- Ability to apply academic knowledge and concepts to practical situations
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and organise their own workload to meet deadlines
- Ability to prepare concise and accurate reports with attention to detail.
There are many reasons why you should join our graduate program:
- build on your academic success and expand your professional options
- acquire the practical skills required to work in a government environment
- build personal and professional networks across the Northern Territory
- gain work experience on high profile and challenging projects
- engage with people across and beyond our organisation
- enjoy diversity in training and development opportunities
- develop long-term goals and interests
- enjoy attractive salary and employment conditions •access outstanding career prospects.