AI Job Summary
One click away from a concise summary
TAL Claims Foundation Program presents itself as the perfect opportunity to anyone looking for a progressive and meaningful corporate career, and for those with an Allied Health, Nursing, or medical background.
After completing 16-weeks of a structured industry leading learning program, students on the program will qualify as a Claims Consultant enabling you to work as part of the broader TAL Claims ecosystem at TAL, supporting Australia’s largest superfunds and their members to assess Life Insurance Claims.
As a trainee on the Claims Foundation Program, you will receive.
- 16 weeks full-time structured professional development program. The next cohort commences full time on October 30th 2023 and then we have another starting in Feb/March 2024.
- 5 weeks of theoretical industry and regulatory training followed by hands-on practical experience, learning on the job, managing Life Insurance Claims with a dedicated trainer.
- An industry recognised qualification, Certificate IV in Life Insurance
- Access to a team of career mentors and technical specialists to help you navigate your career.
Specifically, this will include the topics:
- What life insurance is
- The different types of life insurance
- The different ways life insurance can be obtained by our customers
- The legislation that sits behind life insurance policies and the assessment timeframes.
- How to assess a life insurance claim
- A basic understanding of medical terminology and medical conditions to assist when assessing claims.
On a day-to-day basis you will:
- Independently manage a portfolio of life insurance claims end-to-end
- Assess, analyse, calculate, and finalise claims payments
- Work with a team of external and internal specialists in the health and medical industry to assess life insurance claims.
- Work with our customers and partners while providing exceptional customer service and compliance.
- Participate in case conferences, peer case discussions, and instructing third party service providers
Who we are looking for:
We’re looking for individuals with transferable skills and knowledge and for those who are looking for a progressive and rewarding career in the Life Insurance industry. We will consider all work backgrounds; however, tertiary qualifications in the following disciplines will be highly regarded:
- Allied Health, Physiotherapy, Chiropracting, Remedial Massage or Sports Injury Management.
- Medical administration
- Counselling or Psychology
- Accounting, Legal, Finance and Tax Professionals.
Key skills that we will consider include:
- Good communication skills, and the ability to build rapport and empathy with customers during difficult times
- An innate curiosity and passion to continue to learn
- A high attention to detail
- Experience with supporting people through crisis management, rehabilitation or recovery and utilising your knowledge towards a role where you can continue servicing and helping people but in a corporate environment.
- TAL is committed to providing professional and educational support so that you can excel in your role,
- Company-paid income protection insurance, and life and total + permanent disability insurance.
- Discounted private health insurance plans with NIB.
- Wellbeing resources to support your physical, nutritional, mental, and financial health.
- Our Sydney offices have fitness facilities, a fully equipped onsite gym, daily onsite classes in Boxing, HIIT, Yoga, Pilates, Zumba.
- End of trip facilities including bike racks and showers,
- Our Melbourne office is currently relocating and will have the same facilities by early 2024.
- Discounts on everyday spending at over 350 popular Australian stores.
- Community Days - paid leave to give back to the community either volunteering, mentoring, or fundraising causes of your choice.
- Blended ways of working - mix of working from home and in the office.
- Parental Leave - Support following the birth or adoption of a child. Permanent full time and part time employees are entitled to 12 weeks paid parental leave within 12 months of your child’s birth.
- Flexible Work Arrangements - These arrangements include work from home, flexible working hours, part time work and job sharing (once initial training has been completed).
- TAL’s Social Club - with a calendar of events and activities each month, you will be sure to find something that appeals to you, whilst having fun along the way.
- Learning and Development Access to world class learning and development programs in Leadership, Project Management, Change Management to name a few!
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Exercise Physiology, Health, Health Policy and...
- Work rights:Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident
- Work from home:Hybrid remote
Employees are allowed to work remotely some of the time but most of the work is done at the company’s physical office. Remote work is considered a perk or a privilege. For example, an employee may work from home for 1-2 days per week.
- Locations:Sydney, Melbourne
- POSITION START DATE
Oct 2023 (approx)
- Closing Date:30th Nov 2023, 12:59 pm