At Veolia, we are champions of Ecological Transformation
We design, create and deliver sustainable solutions across water, waste and energy to ensure a better future for our planet. Our Purpose is to replenish, renew and recover our precious resources - changing the way humans interact with the environment. At Veolia you will not only can you build your career, you'll be part of a bigger movement to build a better world.
Veolia currently has 0 opportunities.
Select the following options:
If you’re interested in working at Veolia, understanding when they have opened up applications for their graduate programs, graduate jobs and internships is helpful knowledge to have so you know when you might need to apply. Use the below information to see when Veolia hires graduates, but more importantly what graduate degree’s and other student attributes they target for their jobs.
As a graduate at Veolia, you’ll join a global team of experts delivering environmental solutions across water, waste and energy management. We are big on rethinking sustainability and one that sees opportunities where others see a challenge. We see the world as it should be, not just as it is.
We think global and act local, and have a presence in 48 countries, employing nearly 169,000 people globally.
- We employ 4,000 people across Australia and New Zealand who work across 240+ sites
- We operate three major waste-to-energy facilities
- We generate 60,000 megawatt hours through renewable energy sources
- We manage 123 water and wastewater treatment plants
- We collect 2.1M tonnes of solid waste each year
We’re looking for graduates who are passionate about helping our customers realise positive change every day, and who want to be part of creating solutions for some of the world’s most complex environmental problems.
If successful, you’ll be joining a team of globally connected problem solvers.
You’ll also be able to draw on the expertise of our large business, amazing people, and proven track record to support you in truly making a difference.
Are you ready to be part of the solution?
You’re an ambitious problem-solver, passionate about the environment and wanting to set yourself up for a world full of possibilities.
You want to be part of a program that will fast-track your career, help build your skills as a future leader and provide an opportunity to work across innovative and first of their kind projects. Being part of a diverse and inclusive workforce is also important to you - you recognise that good ideas can come from anywhere and that feeling safe and included gets the best results.
Not wanting to sit on the sidelines, you’re looking for a program that allows you to be part of the solution!
Throughout our two year program, you will receive a well-balanced approach to continuous learning through these types of activities:
- Education - Our Graduate Development Program will form the backbone of your professional development with Veolia and will include face to face training sessions, mentorship from senior leaders throughout the business and opportunities to work on live projects while being supported by your managers and team mates.
- Experience - You will rotate through our business (including interstate), working on state of the art projects and visiting some of our world class facilities and sites such as Water Treatment Facilities, Waste to Energy Plants, Desalination Plants and Woodlawn which is one of the largest eco-precincts in Australia and features Solarfarms, Windfarms, Aquaculture, Agriculture and Landfill Gas Engines that produce clean energy.
- Exposure - You will have access to our Senior Leadership Team including networking and social events, coaching and mentorship opportunities. You will also have the opportunity to participate in an exciting Innovation Challenge that will take place in your second year with us.
What can Veolia’s Graduate program offer you?
- Permanent position offered upon successful completion of your 2 year program
- A competitive salary, annual increases, the opportunity to be a part of our annual bonus program and access to perks such as Veolia’s employee benefits including our health and wellbeing program
- Different career development paths, assistance with further education and global mobility
Complete the application form. Tell us about who you are, your skills and experience. In the application form you will be able to:
- Select your chosen location and position
- Outline your motivation for a role at Veolia
- Outline your previous experiences (for example: educational, extra-curricular, work experience etc.)
You will be required to upload the following documents:
- Proof of permanent residency or Australia citizenship
- A copy of your most recent academic results (or if you’ve completed a postgraduate, you’ll need to upload a copy of your undergraduate results). Alternatively, you can provide a My eQuals link
- A copy of your CV
A cover letter is not required to make an application to the Veolia graduate program.
Your application form will subsequently be reviewed by a member of the Veolia recruitment team.
This includes an online logical, numerical and verbal abilities assessment.
The assessment is not time capped and both your accuracy and the time taken to complete the assessment are factored into your overall score.
Once you have completed the abilities assessments, you will receive a report with personalised feedback.
The video interview provides Veolia to learn more about your motivation and key attributes.
You can complete the video interview at your leisure during the allotted experience through the online portal.
Typically, the video interview should take no longer than 15 minutes to complete.
Your video responses will then be reviewed by a member of the Veolia recruitment team.
The final stage of the recruitment process is an Assessment Centre.
There will an individual activity, a group activity and an interview with hiring representatives from Veolia.
Find out if you have been successful:
If you are successful, we will make contact shortly after the assessment centre. There may be some onboarding documentation that we ask you to complete.
Regardless of the assessment centre outcome, we are committed to providing feedback to all applicants that attended an assessment centre.
To us, diversity simply means difference – difference in thinking, background, sexual orientation, gender, age, ethnicity and other life experiences.
We know we require a workforce that reflects the communities and the organisations that we serve, and a workplace which is inclusive and empowers our people to contribute their best.
At Veolia, diversity and inclusion are not nice to haves, but business imperatives that require everyone’s support.
Our Commitment to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People
Veolia aims to walk alongside and work together in partnership with Indigenous people to provide leadership, enhance respect and understanding, and create tangible opportunities in the communities in which we live and operate. We understand that supporting the first people of our countries to develop their local economies in their traditional areas are vital for long-term sustainable development. Our vision is to continue our programs targeted at increasing diversity within our workforce and supply chain, in addition to implementing region-wide educational workshops to raise cultural awareness and competency of Veolia as an organisation.
Importance of Family
At Veolia, we are proud to have an organisational culture that is underpinned by a strong sense of family values. We know that this is what sets us apart from other employers, and that there are many supportive families behind some of our most successful employees. That’s why we are committed to maintaining and building on our family-friendly working environment.
Promotion of Gender Equality
To us, gender equality means that we make decisions fairly without any discrimination on the basis of gender. It is about ensuring everyone has the same opportunities and resources to reach their full potential, irrespective of the gender identified with.
Inclusive Team Environments
We are at our best when our teams feel they can bring their whole selves to work. That’s why we are committed to ensuring a safe and supportive working environment, free from harassment and prejudice. We embrace diversity based on the knowledge that our differences make us stronger and strive to maintain a workplace that is conducive to our employees feeling comfortable to be themselves every day.
Veolia is committed to providing an inclusive working environment for those of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island descent.
In 2014, Veolia established its first Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP). Its success saw our Second RAP INNOVATE launched in 2017.
Since then, Veolia has proudly made many achievements, including:
- Established a partnership with Cowboys Community Foundation and its NRL Cowboys House for Indigenous high school students in Townsville, Queensland.
- Created over $44 million in local economic impact in Pilbara, Western Australia
- Supported regional communities and Indigenous sporting groups across Australia
To view more about our RAP, including recent highlights, please visit https://issuu.com/veolia_anz/docs/139_veo_anz_corporate_rap_highlight?e=33832530/68818556
Veolia provides essential environmental services to industry, government and communities across Australia and New Zealand.
Our approach to sustainability is central to our business. We focus on fostering and supporting sustainable outcomes not only for our clients, but our own business and the local communities in which we operate and live.
We are committed to working in partnership with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities to develop sustainable opportunities. Take a look at our Reconciliation Action Plan highlights here.
We encourage our employees to actively participate in their communities through grassroots initiatives and paid volunteering days, and sponsor a range of sporting groups, charity organisations and environmental conservation programs.
As an AlwaysSafe employer, we are committed to creating safe and supportive environments for our employees.
Operating in more than 40 countries, Veolia is the global leader in resource management. We have almost 170,000 employees worldwide and design water, energy and waste management solutions that contribute to the sustainable development of our communities and industries.
We’re proud of what we do, creating access to resources, while preserving and replenishing them, every day. Environmental awareness is important to us, and we foster connections between people and the land through education to promote sustainable behaviour.
In Australia and New Zealand our 4,000 employees work on projects that are shaping the future of our cities and countries.
We value equality and inclusion, and know that our teams are better when we have a diverse and inclusive workforce.
At Veolia, we are committed to providing working environments where everyone is included and treated fairly and with respect.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we actively encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders.