Akamai is the global leader in Content Delivery Network (CDN) services, making the Internet business ready—fast, reliable, and secure—for its customers.
Akamai currently has 0 opportunities.
Select the following options:
Akamai is the global leader in Content Delivery Network (CDN) services, making the Internet business ready—fast, reliable, and secure—for its customers. The company's advanced web performance, mobile performance, cloud security and media delivery solutions are revolutionizing how businesses optimize consumer, enterprise and entertainment experiences for any device, anywhere. Headquartered in Cambridge, MA, Akamai has offices around the world and operates the most pervasive, highly distributed CDN—with more than 200,000 servers in 110 or more countries—delivering up to 30% of all Web traffic.
Akamai is a growing, and evolving, company with offices and operations around the world. As such, we strive to foster inclusive and representative workplaces where all employees are wholly welcome, and enabled to share and benefit from each other’s diverse contributions, as one global team. Our commitment to diversity reaches beyond our corporate offices, to our business partners and suppliers who share the same principles, and whose employees we value as integral to the Akamai business family.
Learn more at www.akamai.com
With offices around the world, we're always looking for smart, tech-savvy students and recent graduates to join our global team.
At Akamai, we never stop learning. That's why graduates of the best colleges and universities around the world choose to start or continue their careers with us.
Apply your degree—whether B.A., B.S., Master's, or PhD—to a challenging job that promises immediate impact on the business. Offers ongoing access to learning and development resources. And mentorship to continue acquiring new skills that can help you build a successful career.
We’re currently hiring for opening positions in Australia.
Akamai is building a global, diverse team of optimistic, intelligent, and richly skilled people who are shaping the future of the Internet.
We are dedicated to problem solving through intellectual curiosity and collaboration. With thousands of customers—including leading global brands like Apple and The Home Depot—our solutions offer nearly unlimited potential to take-on the grand challenges facing today’s technology leaders and media pioneers.
Akamai is a global company. We aim to conduct business with respect for all people, understanding and building on our cross–cultural competencies to improve how we work together toward common goals. And we strive to foster a work environment in which all employees feel that they can contribute and perform to the best of their abilities.
With locations around the world, including offices in Melbourne and Sydney, you’ll find ample opportunities to join a team that values your unique perspective and background.
Learn more at www.akamai.com/careers.
About the Job
The Marketing Specialist (INTERN) is responsible for industry and vertical market intelligence for Akamai in the Asia Pacific Japan (APJ) region. The intern will be based in Sydney, Australia and support cross functional teams throughout the region. The role will also have the ability to translate market opportunity into identifying sales results.
About the Team
The Marketing Centre of Excellence is a multifunctional marketing team that focuses on multiple marketing disciplines for the global marketing organizations including market intelligence, account development, creative and web services, marketing campaign management and marketing operations. You will be a part of the highly visible and dynamic team of 100+ marketing professionals who are helping Akamai with growth opportunities by intelligently applying marketing principles in a highly dynamic market place
- Support implementation of marketing research and analysis programs that help identify growth opportunities for Akamai solutions in the web, media, security and cloud networking market place.
- Provides analysis of current and potential marketing and strategic initiatives to identify key insights and opportunities.
- Identifies market data trends and leading indicators that influence strategic and tactical decisions across the industries
- Works closely with the account development and marketing operations departments to provide with relevant industry and competitive information.
- Makes presentations to Senior Management on Marketing Intelligence findings and makes strategic recommendations based on the aggregation and analysis of relevant, high-quality data.
- Keeps abreast of changing industry trends and demographics and other relevant issues and informs peers and upper management in a timely manner.
- Develops creative metrics and methods to push timely and relevant information to various audiences in a user- friendly manner, (e.g. dashboards and intranet news site), in order to constantly raise the organization’s Market and Industry IQ
- Actively supports the translation of market intelligence into impactful sales / strategic results through deep interaction w/ the teams requesting data.
- Pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Economics, Finance or other relevant business field
- Strong analytical skills with ability to translate abstract data into meaningful intelligence
- Must currently be attending University in Australia
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative, results-driven team environment, with the ability to build positive win-win relationships with colleagues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We are seeking ambitious, technically strong and academically accomplished interns to help create innovative solutions to enormous challenges, pushing the boundaries of what’s possible on the Internet. As an intern within the Professional Services organization, you will be part of a technical team that delivers Akamai solutions to enterprise customers. You will have the opportunity to learn how we help many of the world’s most dynamic companies connect, empowering them to transform and reinvent their business online.
Akamai’s Professional Services team calls upon its Internet expertise to architect the optimal solution for the unique business and technical requirements of our customers. Through its proven methodologies and processes, this highly experienced team of consultants has implemented effective solutions for over 2,000 Akamai customers.
- Participate in an internal project aimed to improve, scalability, quality, or efficiency. Projects range from web development to process engineering and everything in between.
- Work on a cross functional project team to develop solutions and consults on concept feasibility.
- Understand the technical components of a customer integration project including, but not limited configuration, debugging, documentation, testing, and go live support.
- Must currently be attending University in Australia
- Currently pursuing a Bachelors, Masters or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field and returning to the program after completion of the internship.
- 1+ years experience with Internet technologies including TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, networking and web servers, or relevant course work.