If you’re interested in working at Blue Care, understanding when they have opened up applications for their graduate programs, graduate jobs and internships is helpful knowledge to have so you know when you might need to apply. Use the below information to see when Blue Care hires graduates, but more importantly what graduate degree’s and other student attributes they target for their jobs.
For over 65 years, Blue Care have been one of Queensland's largest and most trusted providers of homecare, residential aged care, disability services, allied health services and supported and independent retirement living.
Our story started in 1953 with the first Blue Nurse, Olive Crombie, who traveled by tram to care for her patients. Today, Blue Care is a committed team of over 8,000 people who make more than three million visits per year in 80 communities in Queensland. As part of UnitingCare, we believe that everyone should be able to live their lives to the fullest and that individuals, families and communities should be free to live their way.
With Blue Care, you will build a truly rewarding career that makes a genuine impact on the people you support. No matter your role or area of expertise, you’ll have the opportunity to grow, learn and enjoy making a difference every day.
At Blue Care, we offer universities and Registered Training Organisations the opportunity to apply for student places in community and residential services.
- Apply online with your resume and cover letter detailing the role you’re applying for and what attributes you bring
- Your application will be reviewed by the hiring manager based on the role requirements. This will be actioned within two weeks of the closing date. Please note that only successful candidates may be contacted.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend a behavioural interview. This will take the form of a panel interview with the hiring manager and at least one other person.
- If successful, we’ll contact your referees and start the range of checks required for the role, including a police check.
Blue Care is committed to the UnitingCare Group’s Environmental Sustainability Strategy 2021-2025. The strategy focuses on six key areas to support our vision to create a greener, healthier world.
- Build environment – reducing our carbon footprint by 70% and sourcing 100% of our electricity from renewable energy.
- Waste – reduce waste by 5% at our aged care facilities and reduce non-clinical waste going to landfill by 30%
- Transport – move to 100% hybrid and electric passenger fleet and reduce fuel usages
- Purchasing – 100% of procurement tenders to include environmentally sustainable criteria
- Empowered people – increase Green Champions by 100% and upskill 20% of our people through sustainable training
- Leadership – achieve goals and have leadership recognised through awards.
Blue Care offers many great benefits to support you in your role:
- Salary packaging – working for a nonprofit means that you’re able to salary package many living expenses and pay for them tax free.
- Training & development – access ongoing support and options for scholarships and a leadership development program.
- Discounts – we offer many discounts through our corporate partners, a range of private health funds and accommodation deals
- Wellness – take care of yourself with our Employee Assistance Program and Wellness Portal where you can find online health assessments, recipes and more.
At Blue Care our culture is one of creativity, fun and commitment to providing the best person-centred care. Our employees and the people we support are diverse in gender, race, age, cultural background, language, sexuality, religion, abilities, interests and choices.
In 2012, we launched our first Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP) and in 2021 launched our fourth plan to further progress social justice for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and communities.