AI Job Summary
One click away from a concise summary
Why work at Cranbourne East Primary School?
- A Co-Teaching school working in fully supportive, positive, collaborative and fun teams.
- Excellent growth and leadership opportunities through professional learning, mentoring and coaching. Staff who are open to learning to improve their capability and to make a difference for every student, each other and our school community.
- Collective focus on student and staff wellbeing.
- Streamlined student reporting procedures and communication channels with the school community.
- Access to modern facilities including library resource centre, comprehensive DigiTech devices, music studio, flexible teaching and learning spaces, indoor gym, student focused sustainable garden, pirate ship and playgrounds, expansive oval and open grounds, access to a fully functioning theatre.
- Access to a nutritious, healthy and diverse school canteen menu.
- Dedicated full-time On-Site School Assistant to perform maintenance, clean up, set and pack up duties.
- Fully sustainable and accessible school facility.
What the staff say
· The wellbeing of students and teachers comes first
· Highly supportive and collaborative environment
· Regular professional learning that supports teacher development and best teacher practice
· Collaborative team planning time
· Support for leadership growth
· We work well as a team to bring an engaging program
· We work to ensure no student gets left behind
· Positive school culture
· Supportive leadership
Cranbourne East Primary School is an exciting state of the art facility built under the Partnerships Victoria in Schools Project (PViS), which opened at the start of 2011. The school is built for a long-term student enrolment of 450 students, however due to ongoing and rapid enrolment growth this figure has been surpassed with current enrolment at 1111 students. It is likely the school will continue to experience rapid enrolment growth.
A differentiated, inclusive and co-teaching curriculum model is implemented to meet the diverse needs of all students. This model is child centred and operates in a learning environment that encapsulates complimentary alignment of space, pedagogy, belief and values. The cutting edge, purpose-designed facilities reflect a twenty-first century educational approach to teaching and learning through the provision of open flexible learning areas capable of catering for a range of student groupings.
The core purpose is to help children grow into lifelong learners and future citizens. The school is a place that encourages and enables professional learning and effective teamwork as well as developing a strong, welcoming and inclusive school community.
Cranbourne East Primary School is a place of outstanding learning and professional practice. It is a happy, exciting and engaging information technology rich learning environment where student centred learning occurs. The learning programs are led by professional, collaborative teams who make a real difference in meeting the needs of each and every student at a local level within a global setting. Staff at all levels work towards a shared vision with the local community to create a school environment that is cooperative, caring, encouraging of community involvement and which celebrates diversity and success.
All staff at Cranbourne East Primary School are on a journey of continuous learning and reflection to contribute to the evolution of a learning community. Staff possess the capacity to deliver the levels of enthusiasm and flexibility to respond to the many exciting challenges that a dynamic and vibrant school entails. Individually and collectively staff have a shared belief that they possess the ability to contribute to the creation of a school of excellence.
The school facility brings together the best in contemporary educational design and Key features of the school include high expectations for all learners, high quality teaching and innovative learning opportunities based on personalised and inquiry-based learning, well-resourced programs, environmental sustainability and high-level parent and community involvement.
The building is designed around innovative learning spaces and flexible multipurpose learning neighbourhoods. In addition, there are cutting edge Performing Arts and Science Technology Engineering and Maths (STEM) learning spaces, a Learning Resource Centre, Music studio, technology rich resource hubs (notebook computers, iPads, interactive TVs), football oval and soccer pitch, and indoor gymnasium. There are two sheltered playgrounds as well as a Pirate Ship playground and sandpit, and environmental wetlands.
Cranbourne East Primary School is located in the Hunt Club Estate in one of the fastest growth areas in the Southeastern growth corridor. The school is located at No 2 Bowyer Avenue.
The school is co-located with Cranbourne East Secondary College, Marnebek Specialist School (Outpost) and shares facilities including the gymnasium, theatre, soccer ground and football oval. Shared-use facilities are a valued feature of this school site. A three-room kindergarten and maternal health centre and sports pavilion have been constructed by the City of Casey adjacent to the school site.
This position attracts an incentive payment of $5,650 (pre-tax) for the successful candidate who meets the eligibility criteria set out under conditions of employment.
Conditions of Employment
All staff employed by the Department and schools have access to a broad range of employment conditions and working arrangements.
The appointment of successful applicants will be made subject to a satisfactory pre-employment conditions check.
A probationary period may apply during the first year of employment and induction and support programs provided.
Eligibility for incentive payments:
- The successful candidate is committing to a minimum of 1 year employment at this school
- The successful candidate will not be a Graduate Teacher Incentive recipient from a previous vacancy
- The successful candidate must not be employed as a teacher by the Department at the time the advertised position is to commence
EEO AND OHS Commitment
The Department of Education is committed to the principles of equal opportunity, and diversity and inclusion for all. We value diversity and inclusion in all forms – gender, religion, ethnicity, LGBTIQ+, disability and neurodiversity. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for roles within the Department. The Department recognises that the provision of family friendly, supportive, safe and harassment free workplaces is essential to high performance and promotes flexible work, diversity and safety across all schools and Department workplaces. It is our policy to provide reasonable adjustments for persons with a disability (see Workplace adjustment guidelines).
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander applicants can contact Brett West, Yamatji man, in the Koorie Outcomes Division to talk about the recruitment process, the Department and supports for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people in the Department. Mobile: 0477 726 801 or email on: [email protected]
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Work rights:Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident,...
- Locations:Victoria, Melbourne...
- POSITION START DATE
Jan 2024 (approx)
- accepts international
- Closing Date:13th Feb 2024, 12:59 pm