If you’re interested in working at Ericsson, understanding when they have opened up applications for their graduate programs, graduate jobs and internships is helpful knowledge to have so you know when you might need to apply. Use the below information to see when Ericsson hires graduates, but more importantly what graduate degree’s and other student attributes they target for their jobs.
Ericsson is a world leader in communications technology. We provide hardware, software and services to connect everyone, everywhere. Founded in Sweden 145 years ago, Ericsson was born from the idea that access to communications is a basic human need. Today, we continue to deliver technology for good and set the standard for global communications.
Work that delivers positive change
From day-one, we have been a part of innovations that have had an impact on businesses, people and society. From creating the backbone of the world's telephone network in 1925, laying the foundation for modern mobile communications revolution with NMT (Nordic Mobile Telephony) in 1981 to the advent of high-speed mobile broadband with 4G LTE in 2008. Today, we’re focused on the future and on things like the Internet of Things and AI-powered managed services.
We’ll give you the support and tools to take your career in any direction. At Ericsson we never stop learning and we want you to do the same! You’ll have access to personalised training through tools like AI portals and VR based gamified content, formal programs and qualifications.
Disruptive thinkers, read on! We need your curiosity and big ideas to help us create solutions that have a positive impact on people’s lives. What makes us different? Exceptional training, ongoing support, international opportunities, leading technology and world-class customers are just some of the things that make our graduate program a great place to start and grow your career.
Our Australian graduate program runs for 12-18 months and based in either Sydney or Melbourne. You’ll complete two 6-month rotations in areas of the business that interest you and that suit your skill set. You’ll be supported by experts in their field as you take on challenging projects working with our prominent customers.
- You will have a strong academic background in engineering, information technology, computer science or business
- You are in your final year of study or have recently graduated
- You have exceptional communication skills, leadership experience, can demonstrate involvement in extra-curricular activities and are excited by the chance to travel
- You are an Australian or New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
Applications open in March each year.
- Apply online with your CV and cover letter
- Depending on the role you’ve applied for you may be asked to do a technical assessment
- Video interview
- Behavioural interviews
We’re committed to building trust and integrity and improving our business practices. We have put in place policies and directives that promote responsible sourcing, environmental management, anti-corruption and more.
At Ericsson we strive to reduce the impact and emissions of our operations and in society. We have joined the Science Based Target initiative that aims to reduce the carbon footprint by 35% by 2022 and working to manage the impact of our company activities like fleet management, business travel, transportation of products and facilities energy use.
Our Technology for Good program uses our expertise, solutions and advocacy to help tackle important global challenges. In collaboration with private and public organisations, we run two global programs:
- Connect to Learn: a program that aims to empower teachers, students and schools to teach and learn digital skills. So far, we have reached over 200,000 students across 25 countries.
- Ericsson Response: For 20 years, Ericsson Response has helped with humanitarian disasters around the world by providing temporary internet connectivity.
- Flexible working opportunities
- Wellbeing and healthcare plans
- Global opportunities
At Ericsson diversity and inclusion are in our DNA, and it’s embedded in everything we do. We know that by bringing together people from different backgrounds and experiences we can drive innovation and growth. To help us to continue to make positive changes, we have identified three key areas to focus on – gender, nationality and generations.