ExxonMobil provides energy that touches nearly every facet of modern life. From our humble beginnings as a regional marketer of kerosene in the US, we have grown to be one of the largest publicly traded international oil and gas companies. Everything we do is grounded in technology and innovation as we strive to deliver energy that improves economies and living standards across a growing world.
At ExxonMobil you’ll join a culture of integrity, safety and good corporate citizenship. Our people are experts in their field who are empowered to innovate and driven by challenging the status quo. The variety of work we do offers boundless opportunities and the chance to really make a difference on a global scale.
We offer graduate opportunities to students from all engineering backgrounds and degree levels, as well as business, finance, accounting and human resources. Depending on your career ambitions and available roles, you could be based at our Melbourne headquarters or one of our processing facilities.
Join our 12-week vacation program and work on real projects that directly support our business objectives. You’ll be supported and mentored by senior engineers to hone and build your skills. Placements take place between December and February.
- You’re innovative and driven with a strong academic background
- You’ve had previous experience working in team and leadership roles
- You’re a natural leader with a strong sense of integrity and confidence
- You thrive working in a team and are ready to take on significant responsibilities
- You are internationally mobile
- Apply online with your CV. We suggest that you also include coursework or projects that verify your degree.
- CV review. We’ll review your details against the basic requirements for the role you’re applying to.
- Assessments. For some roles an initial assessment is required. You’ll be contacted by email with details if this applies to you.
- Interviews. Our recruitment team will contact you to discuss what format your interviews will take. The most common interview formats are phone or Skype, on-campus, technical, collaboration and leadership, research.
- Offer. Interviewers will meet to discuss your CV, interview results and make a recommendation to management, who will then make the final hiring decision.
Sustainability and climate
We’re committed to producing our products in a way that supports economic development and protects people, our communities and the environment – including addressing climate change.
You can read our sustainability report here and find more information on our efforts to help mitigate climate change here.
ExxonMobil Malaria Initiative
As a major employer in many malaria affected countries, we have joined an international effort dedicated to fighting the disease. So far, we have committed more than $170 million in grants and reached 125 million people through our programs.
Economic Empowerment for Women
In 2005 we launched the ExxonMobil Women’s Economic Opportunity initiative to help drive change and support women to reach their economic potential. To date we have invested $120 million across 90 countries.
At ExxonMobil we offer benefits that support your growth at every stage of life.
- Flexibility with where and when you work
- Generous leave options
- Employee health management programs
- Financial planning support
- Insurance cover for you and your family
- Employee service rewards and recognition
ExxonMobil’s Global Diversity Framework is designed to enable us to build and maintain a diverse workforce that’s reflective of the locations we operate in. We do this through a variety of programs and initiatives:
- Scholarships, internships and grants to help us identify top engineering, science and business students
- Over the past 14 years, ExxonMobil has contributed $973 million to global education programs
- We participate in recruitment events and activities with various diverse partners and alliances
- We invest around $90 million each year in employee development and training
- We offer a wide range of flexible working options to suit individual needs
- Global policies to prevent discrimination and harassment in any form
- Employee network groups to foster a culture of inclusion