NEC has a century-long history of innovation and for over 50 years in Australia, NEC has built a sophisticated technology and anything-as-a-service company which brings together the best technology and the smartest people driving customer service excellence. With a major focus on Public Safety, we deliver a complete portfolio of ICT solutions and services to large enterprise, small business and government customers. We are shaping the most efficient businesses and creating a safer society by solving tomorrow’s technology challenges.
For over 50 years, NEC Australia has been “orchestrating for a brighter world” and delivering technology solutions and services to customers. Based in Adelaide, Canberra and Melbourne, our technology and anything-as-a-service company bring together the best tech and the best people to ensure that our customers gain the most value from their IT and networking investments.
We’re proud to be a company of firsts, delivering Australia’s first 3G mobile phone and revolutionising the education sector with the introduction of interactive whiteboards, and we are a leader in facial recognition and biometrics technology, helping our world to be a safer place and making it easier for people to move around. We remain committed to innovation and taking on the challenges our customers face in the world of tomorrow.
As an NEC graduate, you will embrace innovation, contribute to change and be challenged to think differently. Our program will equip you with the skills and experience you need to launch your career. At NEC, we use the 70:20:10 framework that captures the three kinds of learning – experiential, social and formal – to support your development and growth. Through a mix of on-the-job training, coaching, workshops, performance planning and feedback, you’ll get exposure to a range of experiences that only a business like NEC can offer.
- You've completed an undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Networking, Software Engineering or other technology related subject within two years of the NEC graduate program start date.
- You are an Australia citizen or permanent resident at the time of application. For roles based in the ACT, you must be an Australian citizen.
- You can work full-time for a period of 18 months from the graduate program start date.
Put the knowledge you’ve gained at university into practice in a real work setting. The NEC intern program will give you the opportunity to gain hands-on experience before you complete your degree and provide you with a pathway to our graduate program. You’ll work alongside industry leaders and develop your skills through a mix of on-the-job training, coaching, workshops, performance planning and feedback, you’ll get exposure to a range of experiences that only a business like NEC can offer.
- You're enrolled in an undergraduate degree or post graduate qualification in Computer Science, Information Technology, Networking, Software Engineering or other technology related subjects.
- You are an Australia citizen or permanent resident at the time of application.
Following your online application, someone from our recruitment team will be in touch via email to discuss the next steps should you match the role requirements. Typically, you can expect to go through one – three interviews.
NEC is a proud member of Supply Nation. Supply Nation are the leader in global supplier diversity movement which helps to redirect procurement spend to traditionally underrepresented businesses. Through our membership, we’re able to support Indigenous owned and operated businesses.
NEC offers a range of benefits to support your wellness and help you achieve work-life balance.
- Flexible working
- Options to purchase additional leave
- Employee and family support
- Leave options including parental and adoption, paternity, domestic violence and emergency services leave
- Health and wellbeing programs that help your physical, mental and financial health
- Fresh fruit in our offices
- Private health insurance and gym membership discounts
- Corporate travel rates
- Employee service awards