The Suncorp Bank Contact Centre is home to nearly 400 team members, Leaders and Support staff who work predominantly from our Head Office in Brisbane (Heritage Lanes) and our Collins Street office in Melbourne.
Operating hours vary from team to team, with Lending teams usually operating in line with traditional business hours, and Everyday Banking teams being available for our customers 24 hours, 7 days a week. Team members in the Everyday Banking queues get the opportunity to earn loadings or continue commitments, such as University study, while being able to work part time outside of business hours, or over the weekend.
We provide paid training before you move into your shift pattern (shifts are planned four weeks in advance). Training will be a mix of classroom and on the job style training, onsite at our Heritage Lanes, Brisbane/Collins Street, Melbourne office, which also includes high support training to ensure you are appropriately skilled and set up for success in this role.
It is important to note that if you are successful in obtaining a position, the onboarding process requires full time classroom and on the job training, which is run over 6 to 7 weeks.
What you’ll do
- Deliver excellent customer service and provide quick and excellent outcomes
- Provide timely and accurate information on Everyday Banking enquiries, account openings and processes via telephone and/or online channels
- Demonstrate the ability to listen, build trust and ask the right questions to exceed customers’ expectations and improve customer outcomes, resulting in excellent customer feedback
- Contribute to a team culture that is balanced across people, customer, risk and performance.
What you’ll bring
- Passion for delivering exceptional customer service and the ability to connect with customers and find solutions
- Ability to demonstrate strong technical skills and have experience navigating multiple systems
- Excellent verbal communication skills – listen, build rapport, and communicate complex information
- A high level of resilience and empathy and the ability to adapt to change
- Demonstrated ability to work as a supportive team member.
What we can offer you
Suncorp's employee benefits are designed to support, empower and reward our people. Some of our benefits include:
- Salary $62,432.50 - inclusive of 11% Super
- Employee discounts and rewards - exclusive offers on more than 400 of Australia’s large retailers including Myer, David Jones, Coles and Woolworths. We also offer discounts across our brands and various products including Suncorp Bank, Suncorp Insurance, AAMI, Shannons, Apia and GIO.
- Study support - We encourage external learning and offer study support to eligible employees, so you can continue to broaden your career opportunities while you work.
- Wellness - We offer a wide range of initiatives to promote our employees’ health and financial wellbeing. This includes discounts on major brand health insurance, as well as discounted gym membership plans for our people.
It's worth noting that specific benefits may vary depending on the role, level, and location of the employee. For more on our employee benefits, Click Here
Why you’ll love working with us
Whether we’re helping people manage their everyday banking, run their business or land their dream home, our ambition at Suncorp is clear – to deliver banking that’s good for our customers, our people and the world.
We work hard to create the right environment for you to deliver on that commitment too. By giving you the opportunities and support you need to grow your own career and perform at your peak – while making a meaningful impact for our customers and their communities
Chase the sun, apply online today
At Suncorp, we are committed to building futures and protecting what matters. We value the unique experiences, insights and diverse workforce that benefits our people, our business, and our customers. We’d love to see your application and speak with you even if you do not match the above mentioned.
- Job type:Part Time Student Jobs
- Disciplines:Accounting, Administration, Agriculture, Arts and Humanities,...
- Work rights:Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident,...
- Work from home:Hybrid remote
Employees are allowed to work remotely some of the time but most of the work is done at the company’s physical office. Remote work is considered a perk or a privilege. For example, an employee may work from home for 1-2 days per week.
- Locations:Brisbane, Melbourne
- Closing Date:12th Jul 2024, 1:59 pm