AI Job Summary
One click away from a concise summary
Interested in using your problem-solving and programming skills to discover new trading signals? Want to have an immediate impact, translating ideas and conversations into profitable trading strategies?
SIG is looking for someone who is hungry to dig into large data sets and find patterns within the financial markets. As a Statistician, you will play a hybrid role between systematic trading and quantitative research, solving real-world problems and making a direct impact to our business. The successful candidate will be data-driven and detail-oriented, with a strong foundation in statistics and computer science. Statisticians are seated at the heart of our trading floor, constantly collaborating with others and continually exploring the dynamic intricacies within the game of trading.
In the role you will:
- Monitor the performance of automated trading strategies
- Sit side-by-side with traders and other strategists to brainstorm new ideas and iterate upon existing projects
- Gather numerical data, display it, assist with trading strategies to make sense of quantitative data and spot trends, and make predictions
- Design data acquisition trials in order to assess results
- Write code to analyse market data across multiple exchanges
- Design blueprints for new trading algorithms
- Work alongside technologists to put plans into production
- Use mathematical models to quantify relationships between variables and outcomes and make predictions based on those relationships
- Maintain and extend existing quantitative pricing models
What we're looking for
- PhD in a Mathematics, Statistics or Data Science
- Strong quantitative, logical reasoning, and analytical skills
- Exceptional communication skills in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent programming skills; experience with Python and/or C++ is an advantage
- A collaborative mindset with a relentless desire for improvement
- Demonstrated interest in strategic games and/or competitive activities
- An interest in financial markets is a large plus. Trading experience is not required!
Apply -> Online Assessments -> Recruiter Interview -> Quant Interview -> Final On-site Interview -> Job Offer!
SIG does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or search firms. Any resume or referral submitted in the absence of a signed agreement will become the property of SIG and no fee will be paid.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Data Science and Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics
- Work rights:Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident,...
- POSITION START DATE
Feb 2024 (approx)
- Closing Date:31st Dec 2023, 12:59 pm