Transurban is all about designing and delivering smarter ways to get around growing cities. For us, a smarter way to travel is one that’s easier, safer and more efficient. We pride ourselves in providing a small number of bespoke Graduate opportunities. Challenge your talents with us.
Transurban Group currently has 0 opportunities.
Select the following options:
At Transurban we keep cities moving.
Transurban is all about designing and delivering smarter ways to get around growing cities. For us, and certainly for our customers and communities, a smarter way to travel is one that’s easier, safer and more efficient.
We take a collaborative approach because, when we work with governments, we can ensure our projects will support the future directions our cities are taking. We own and operate 13 motorways in Australia, two in the US and one in Canada, and have a current project pipeline of $11billion, creating 17,500 jobs. In business since 1996, we are a top-15 ASX-listed company, creating effective toll-road networks that help solve transport challenges – giving people back valuable time they’d otherwise spend in traffic.
Where you could fit in
Your ideas can connect millions of Australians. Imagine that.
We’re all about connecting communities sustainably and intelligently, and working towards reducing our environmental impact. Everything we do is in the pursuit of our vision: To strengthen communities through transport.
Do you want to be part of something big? Something that makes a difference? Challenge your talents and be the difference with us.
Imagine this. Wherever you join as a Graduate, your contribution will matter. You’ll deliver successes you can be proud of, and always be looking for ways to keep improving. You’ll always push for the smartest solution, asking “what if?” and turning the answer into safer roads, smarter technologies and better customer experiences.
At Transurban, we’ll connect you with driven, intelligent people, and together, you’ll achieve more, faster. You’ll be encouraged to share your ideas and expertise – to create better ways of working, thinking, building and doing. With us, you’ll create more than a rewarding, challenging career: you’ll build a legacy.
Every year, we invite a number of bright, incredibly curious individuals to join our tailored graduate development program. Across our Engineering, Technology, Finance, Marketing and People & Culture teams, your work, skills and experience will shape futures – starting with your own.
At Transurban we offer permanent Graduate positions that:
- kick-start your career with a 2 year rotational program
- consist of four six-month rotations
- is bespoke to your interests, skills and ambitions
- is strongly supported by mentors, buddies and managers
What you need
- A Bachelor’s degree with a Credit Average
- A desire to make a difference – to help ‘strengthen communities through transport’
- Plenty of bright ideas
- A curious mind and a collaborative way of working
- Strong learning agility and the desire to grow your career
- The ability to work autonomously, coupled with a thirst for learning from others and independently
What’s unique about a Transurban Graduate position?
We don’t do ‘one-size-fits-all’. We take a small number of graduates, understand their interests, experiences, strengths, and aspirations. We invest heavily in targeted development so we can provide you with a depth and breadth of experience that will build a great foundation for a meaningful and challenging career.
We might be influencing the future of road travel globally, but compared to other top ASX listed companies, our smaller team of around 2000 people means that it doesn’t matter what part of Transurban you join, you can expect exposure and access to our senior leadership team and leading industry experts. You’ll also find our size allows a sense of connectivity, belonging and agility that embraces switched-on, motivated people, and the diversity of their thinking and ideas. It is what gives us our competitive edge, and is key to our continuous innovation.
Does this sound like what drives you?
Our graduates arrive ready to collaborate and complement our teams. They share their unique ideas to help us build our competitive edge, and do all this with an eye on our vision - to strengthen communities through transport.
You will have a relevant Bachelor’s degree with a Credit average – but we’re more interested in who you are than what your scores were. Life at Transurban is fast paced – bring bright ideas, a hunger to learn and a curious and flexible way of working and thinking.
We are looking for people who will collaborate with and complement our team, and share their unique ideas to build on our competitive edge as we work towards our vision of connecting communities through transport.
Streams and locations:
We are recruiting graduates across our Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane offices and are seeking applications from the following streams:
- Information Technology – Degree disciplines: Information Technology/ Computer Science
- Engineering – Degree disciplines: Science/ Technology/ Engineering/ Mathematics
- Business – Degree disciplines: Business/ Finance/ Commerce
- Marketing – Degree disciplines: Marketing/ Communications/ Arts majoring in Marketing/ Digital
- Human Resources – Degree disciplines: Human Resources/ Arts and Business degrees majoring in HR
The Application Process and Key Dates: Applications open on the 2 July 2018.
Start your application and register your email to get weekly videos with tips on preparing your application, what it’s like to work at Transurban, what you can expect from the assessment process and how we tailor the Graduate program to suit you.
- Step 1: Apply by midnight Sunday 12 August with your resume, cover letter and university transcript
- Step 2: Online psychometric testing 15 – 19 August
- Step 3: Video screening 21 – 26 August
- Step 4: Assessment centre – 4 (Sydney) & 6 (Melbourne) September
- Step 5: Final interviews and reference checks – from 7 September
- Step 6: Offers made – from 17 September
Please note: you must be available to commence in February 2019
- You must be either an Australian/NZ citizen, or an Australian permanent resident
- Minimum of a credit average and have or will have successfully completed a minimum three- year undergraduate degree in one of the above disciplines within the past two years or by December 2018.
- Our graduate programs are based in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane. You must be located in/or willing to relocate to Melbourne/Sydney/Brisbane and be willing to cover the costs of your travel to attend Assessment Centres and interviews.
- You must be willing to undertake a National Police Check.
We run four different internship schemes for bright students who are hungry to learn and grow with us. Some are designed to develop diverse mindsets, while others are technically focused.
Females Excelling in Engineering and Technology (FEET)
This week-long internship is offered to women studying towards an engineering or technology degree. Over 100 students have experienced life inside Transurban through the award-winning program, and many continue to benefit from ongoing mentoring
Industry-based learning and university partnerships
We partner with several universities to offer work placements to their best and brightest students. You can apply to join our May or November intakes through your university.
Every December, we open our doors to four indigenous students. Placed through CareerTrackers, these students enjoy a 12-week internship and ongoing mentoring.
Run in partnership with Monash University, the MITI Program brings teams of four students into Transurban. These multi-disciplinary teams have 12 weeks over the summer to solve a real-life business problem.
At Transurban we’re all about ideas, innovation and leading the industry. Flexible and agile ways of working are just the way we do business. We know flexibility encourages a diversity of ideas and approaches and supports everyone at Transurban to be at their best, at work and at home.
By providing top-notch technology and a range of formal and informal working arrangements and different types of leave, we make sure everyone can take advantage of flexible working arrangements when they need or want to.
We want our people to bring their whole selves to work, we are building on our inclusion focus to unlock the value of our ‘difference’ in our teams – their diverse backgrounds, skills, experiences and cultures.
We have been recognised worldwide as a company committed to gender diversity. We’re serious about gender diversity and have been recognised for our commitment. Some of our many successes include half of our Executive team being female, and being recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (EOCGE) for the last 4 years*. We have many initiatives in place to make sure we continue to progress towards gender equality including mentoring and leadership programs, as well as our annual pay equity review.
* Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA)