Who we want:
Students from all disciplines are welcome to apply for the CIB Program. At Westpac Group, we recognise that a finance/analytical background is preferred but not necessary to join our team: our strong training infrastructure can impart all of the necessary skills for those with the intellectual curiosity and drive to learn.
Sydney, NSW and Melbourne, VIC
3-5 rotations of 10-20 weeks
Core Rotation Areas:
A selection of: Customer Insights & Analytics (CI&A), Relationship Coverage, Loans & Syndications, Structured Finance, Trade Finance, Asset Finance, Sustainable Finance, Acquisition & Leverage Finance, Credit Portfolio Management, Business Controls
CIB, which sits within Westpac’s Institutional Bank, focuses on understanding the needs of our institutional and government clients to support them through their lifecycle, whether that be to provide financing and solutions for growth opportunities, to assist in navigating through times of change, or simply just to support their financial wellbeing.
We also aim to collaborate and partner with our clients to help solve global challenges including respecting human rights and supporting the transition to a climate resilient future by structuring loans so they are linked to achieving environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG) outcomes.
- CIB has industry specific expertise across general corporates, energy, infrastructure, resources, financial institutions, health, government and real estate.
- As the client-facing side of the bank, you will work within dedicated Industry and Product teams and gain a deep understanding of our clients’ businesses and the needs and challenges they face.
- Widely recognised as the leader in our field, you’ll be working alongside talented employees based throughout Australia, New Zealand, Asia, UK and the US.
- The CIB team has wide product coverage (e.g., providing financing solutions for general corporate purposes, asset purchases, trade, M&A funding) and undertakes full servicing of our customers’ needs, so it’s a great place to start your career in banking.
Future career opportunities:
The CIB Grad Program will fast-track your career progression into any of the following roles within the CIB team:
- Customer Insights & Analytics
- Relationship Coverage
- Debt Products
- Chief Operating Office
- Business Controls & Monitoring
2021 Grad Testimonial:
Grace, 2021 CIB Graduate
“I studied a Bachelor of Commerce (International) majoring in Finance and International Business at UNSW and, in my spare time, I love running with my dog and getting active in the gym.
I may be a CIB Grad, but I also have a passion for arts and literature!
I was attracted to Westpac Group’s Graduate program as I love the flexibility of work arrangements offered to all our employees. Splitting my time working from home and in the office has been crucial to maintaining a balanced lifestyle for me.
I applied to the CIB graduate program to explore my interest in financial services and learn from specialised teams and individuals with extensive sector experience”.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Actuary, Administration, Agriculture, Architecture, Arts...
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- POSITION START DATE
Feb 2022 (approx)
- Program Duration
- Remote Friendly
- Closing Date:13th Aug 2021, 6:05 am