Abyss Solutions is a young and rapidly growing engineering firm on the cutting edge of asset integrity management. We deliver custom inspection and condition assessment solutions for a range of infrastructure in the global oil and gas, water and transport sectors, using the latest in robotics, machine learning and advanced data analytics. The team consists of experts in civil, structural and mechanical engineering as well as marine robotics, computer vision, machine learning and sensor technology.
We are currently searching for an intern with a civil, structural, mechanical, chemical/plant engineering, drafting or related construction engineering background to join a multidisciplinary team disrupting the way big infrastructure is managed. You will gain exposure to the condition assessment of O&G and water infrastructure like oil platforms, refineries, dams, reservoirs, treatment plants and pipelines.
You will help implement novel tools for analysing and visualising the condition of the infrastructure and planning maintenance on it. You will get to use tools powered by Artificial Intelligence and Virtual Reality. You will learn about the mechanical, structural and hydraulic features of offshore and onshore infrastructure. You will help build digital twins of the infrastructure and write engineering reports for global O&G and water infrastructure companies.
Completed or completing a diploma or bachelors level qualification in civil, structural, mechanical, plant engineering, drafting or other construction engineering background.
Required skills and experience
- High attention to detail
- Familiarity with interpreting construction drawings or engineering schematics
- Experience in the use of CAD models of structures and/or engineering components
- Strong computer skills with demonstrated ability to quickly pick up the use of new software
Preferred but not essential skills and experience
- Familiarity with interpreting P&ID and/or plant process diagrams
- Familiarity with the use of Autodesk Navisworks and/or AutoCAD
- Familiarity with the use of Autodesk Recap and working with point cloud data
- Exposure to Linux operating system
- Experience in manual data labelling
- Proficiency in writing technical reports or documents
- Job type:Internships
Engineering, Engineering Civil Structural, Engineering Mechanical
- Work rights:
New Zealand Citizen, Australian Working...
- Unit 35 11-21 Underwood Road Homebush NSW 2140Locations:
- Closing Date:15th Oct 2020, 12:59 pm