Power to shine
Our Technology Division at ActewAGL is looking for a highly engaged, hardworking and motivated individual to join their team as the Graduate Data Engineer. You will be a junior subject matter expert on data infrastructure and software solutions. You will assist with design, change, exploitation and control of data and information across the Joint Venture.
As the Graduate Data Engineer, you will focus on engaging with other technology SMEs across the business and third parties, to assist in producing and facilitating the production of data solutions. You will be involved in providing material and data that data analysts, scientists and other areas of the business can turn into information and knowledge that will support key business decisions.
If you are looking to kick start your career in Technology and Data Services, then this is the perfect opportunity for you!
Power to thrive
ActewAGL is one of the ACT’s largest employers and we’re proud to be powerfully local. We work and live in the communities we serve and partner with the organisations that make our home such a great place to live.
We’re reimagining the future of energy with the brightest minds of the nation’s capital.
We offer benefits, support and balance that few others can. At ActewAGL, you will be provided with opportunities to learn, innovate and collectively achieve more. We actively invest in our peoples’ careers so you can lead and develop, because when you grow, we grow.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer who embraces and fosters a culture that supports diversity, inclusion and respect, where people are empowered to fulfil their potential. We welcome people with diverse skills, experiences, perspectives and backgrounds, and encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people that identify as LGBTIQ+, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Power to make an impact
Your day in the role:
- Assist in the evaluation of client requirements and provide a high level of professional advice and solutions to meet requirements.
- Provide assistance in the development and delivery of applications and interfaces to provide effective data and process management.
- Support with system design, testing and implementation, business value and warranty support.
- Ensure to follow best practices including pair programming, Code Review, Test Driven Development, Behavioral-Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Assist the team with development of technical documentation.
- Translate user requirements into technical specifications.
- Assist with research and remain well-informed of the new information and data services.
You will need to be successful:
- Tertiary qualifications and experience in IT and software engineering.
- 1 + year applied machine learning, optimisation and/or statistics experience, including internships and projects.
- Demonstrated ability to use a range of computerised software applications.
- Demonstrated experience in coding and development in Microsoft operating. environments, including the Microsoft.Net environment.
- Experience with SQL and Microsoft SQL Server technologies and tools.
- Experience in Full Life Cycle development (Agile & Waterfall).
You'll also have exclusive access to our Graduate Network:
We know that transitioning from student to professional life can be an adjustment for some. So, we believe in aiding our graduates to connect with each other and build strong professional networks across our business.
As a network run by Graduates, for Graduates; you'll get to take ownership of leading events that contribute to not only your career development and business knowledge, but that of your fellow graduates too.
To apply, log onto our recruitment portal and submit your cover letter and resume outlining the experience, qualifications and capabilities you can bring to the role.
To learn more about this exciting opportunity you can contact Angela Beh, Manager Data Services on (02) 6248 3583.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Computer Science, Cyber Security, Data Science...
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Closing Date:3rd Nov 2021, 12:59 pm