Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe’s all about. We give everyone—from emerging artists to global brands—everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences! We’re passionate about empowering people to create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen.
We’re on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours!
Adobe Digital Experience (DX) Customer Engineering is responsible for supporting a wide range of customers across Asia Pacific who invest in our Adobe Experience Cloud Solutions. Customer Engineering provide the frontend customer facing interaction to respond to mission critical and planned support scenario’s whilst also interfacing with our product engineering and cloud services internal stakeholders to enhance our product solutions.
This role is based in Sydney, your responsibilities will include;
- Explore and learn Adobe DX solutions, AEM (Adobe Experience Manager), Campaign, Target, Analytics, Marketo, Magento, Workfront and AEP (Adobe Experience Platform).
- Over time, you would be expected to be familiar with at least one Adobe solution.
- Contribute towards Service improvement projects, such as CRM Solution integration, Case Management Reporting, Soft Skills Enablement programs, KPI Tracking, Incident Management Reviews, Expert Solution Add-on Scheduling and Tracking
- Manage stakeholder expectations appropriately in partnership with our Field Engineering and Technical Account Management teams.
- Build relationships through seeking mentorship, introductory meetings, networking events across team environments.
You'll have foundational delivery skills, such as:
- Critical thinking
- Customer research
- Participate meetings and workshops
- Sharing findings and recommendations with stakeholders
- Implementing recommendations
- Contribute to projects
- Liaising with stakeholders to keep them up to date on progress via reporting.
What you need to succeed:
- Graduate in 2023 in a related field such as bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or similar
- Outstanding record of academic achievement
- Ability to work a minimum of 3 days per week for six months (April - October 2023)
- Australian citizen or permanent resident or New Zealand citizen based in Sydney
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly, be a team player, and manage change effectively
- Interest in online digital marketing technologies
- Experience of development in an Agile environment
- A self-starter, results-oriented, persuasive, multi-tasker, service-oriented and professional
- Be proactive in stakeholder engagements
- Fluent in English
Get to know us a little more
Simply put, we're a NASDAQ-listed leader in digital marketing and media software, we help individuals and enterprise customers to make, manage, measure, monetise content to achieve their business goals.
Check out our fast facts (https://www.adobe.com/au/about-adobe/fast-facts.html) to learn more about our business and learn more about our key functions here (https://universitycareerswithadobeaus.splashthat.com/)
- Job type:Internships
- Disciplines:Administration, Arts and Humanities, Business and...
- Work rights:Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Work from home:Hybrid remote
Employees are allowed to work remotely some of the time but most of the work is done at the company’s physical office. Remote work is considered a perk or a privilege. For example, an employee may work from home for 1-2 days per week.
- POSITION START DATE
Apr 2023 (approx)
- Program Duration
- Closing Date:23rd Sep 2022, 7:00 am