There's never been a better time to be at AGL
At AGL, we believe progress is powered by our people.
If you're set on making real change for tomorrow, we have the scale, resources and ambition to get it started today.
Now's an extraordinary time to work with us. We're taking the lead on renewables and expanding our products to make them more sustainable, affordable and useful for all Australians.
That's what we call progress. To achieve it, we're bringing together people with unique stories, perspectives, backgrounds and talent - and we need yours too!
About the Role
- Excellent Grad Program with Australian owned energy company
- Develop skills and gain experience across a diverse power generation portfolio
- Training, mentoring, and support to work toward Chartered Engineer Status
AGL is committed to helping shape a sustainable energy future for Australia. Part of this is developing the next generation of industry professionals. This role offers a unique opportunity for an engineering graduate to develop their skills and experience across a diverse power generation portfolio.
As part of the offering, the successful applicants will participate in a Graduate Development Program, offered by Engineers Australia, and benefit from training and mentoring. During this program you will also have the opportunity to earn points toward your status as a Chartered Engineer.
Our 3 year Graduate Program develops Graduate Engineers by placing program participants in multiple rotations, across varied geographical locations, and in different engineering positions across AGL's Integrated Energy business. This exposes the Grad to different assets, locations, teams, business units and types of engineering positions.
The four primary sites where rotations occur are:
- Bayswater and Liddell Power Stations, Muswellbrook NSW
- Loy Yang Station or Loy Yang Mine, Traralgon VIC
- Torrens Island and Barker Inlet Power Stations, Adelaide SA
- AGL Head Office, Melbourne VIC
What you'll be doing:
- Operate as a part of the engineering teams and perform tasks and duties as relevant to the sites
- Work with the engineering teams to perform asset management, maintenance and optimisation of plant, systems and equipment
- Participate in development and implementation of engineering strategies to support business goals across gas, renewables and thermal generation plants
- Participate in all required training and mentoring provided as part of the graduate program, and undertake all tasks and duties of the program, including rotation of teams and sites to provide the most comprehensive learning experience
What you'll bring to the table:
- Recently completed a degree in Engineering (electrical, mechanical, civil & chemical preferred, though we consider others)
- A strong desire to develop a career within the power generation industry
- Safety as a core value and an understanding of operational site safety requirements
- Strong planning and organisation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- A continued desire to learn and work in new environments and with different teams and equipment
- Must be able to travel and participate in the rotations across various states
This role will commence in January 2022, however for Graduates with a mid-year university completion, we will consider a July 2021 or flexible commencement date.
At AGL, we're committed to diversity and inclusion, so we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people.
How to Apply
We'd love to see your application!
At AGL all employees are encouraged to be themselves and to bring their whole selves to work every day. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people, people living with disability, culturally and linguistically diverse people and people of the LGBTQ+ community, including transgender, gender diverse, and intersex people. AGL has a commitment to maintain a diverse workforce, so welcomes the opportunity for applicants to share their lived experiences but recognises that some applicants may not wish to disclose, so that option is supported.
Please note - unsolicited resumes from agencies will not be accepted by AGL.
Proudly Australian for more than 180 years, AGL operates a diverse generation portfolio supplying energy to 4.2 million customer accounts. We have a passionate belief in progress and a relentless determination to make things better for our communities, customers, employees, the Australian economy and our planet.
Our goal is to make energy simple, fair and transparent and we're continuing to innovate to enhance the lives of Australians now and into the future. It's an extraordinary time for the energy sector and we need extraordinary people to meet the challenges. We're bringing together people with unique stories, perspectives, and talent - and we need yours too. Let us empower you to make a positive difference and together we'll bring progress to life.
- Job type:Entry Level Jobs
- Work rights:
Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident,...
- Closing Date:7th Jun 2021, 1:59 pm