What you’ll do as a Quantitative Trading Intern at Akuna:
Our Quantitative Team are a mixture of mathematicians, statisticians and technologists that find solutions to problems. We create trading models and strategies scientifically by combining our quantitative expertise with an understanding of derivatives and financial markets. We are seeking Juniors to join the team to apply their quantitative skills to exciting problem. You don't need a background in finance or trading, instead we look for maths and coding skills.
Our Quantitative Traders are creative thinkers who can capture trading opportunities, convert ideas into solutions and pilot sophisticated strategies with mathematical and programming skills. Our Quant traders trade alongside our options and market making traders, as well as undertake quantitative projects. Our Quant Traders:
- Manage trading strategies and improve profitability by converting ideas into quantitative models
- Implement trading signals that contribute to portfolio construction
- Develop a deep understanding of derivatives theory and financial markets
- Generate ideas on trading opportunities, product insights, risk management and trading systems
This internship will include a mixture of Akunacademy training sessions, project work, and mentoring opportunities. If this sounds interesting to you, apply now! We are looking for people who have innovative ideas, think analytically, and have an entrepreneurial mindset and want to make an immediate impact in our growing company and contribute to Akuna’s strategy portfolio.
Internship dates: 10 weeks from December 2021- February 2022
This is a paid internship with an annual salary of $100K AUD pro rata for the summer. We, further, provide travel and housing for anyone not living in Sydney.
Requirements for this role:
- Australian or NZ citizen or Australian Permanent residences only
- University Degree, graduating between August 2022 and January 2023
- An understanding of advanced Mathematics: Calculus, Stochastic Processes, Linear Algebra, Statistics and Optimization
- Working knowledge of statistical analysis, numerical linear algebra, machine learning or convex optimization
- Intermediate programming skills in Python (C++ is a plus)
- Ability to process complex information quickly and accurately under pressure
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Financial experience or studies are NOT a requirement
Qualities that make great candidates:
- Bachelor, Honours, Masters or PhDs in Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Engineering, or related degrees
- Distinction Average & proven strong academics
- Awards, prizes, medals, competitions, & scholarships
- Experience in research within an academic or professional environment
- Achievements outside of studies through your hobbies & interests
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Data Science and Analytics,...
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- POSITION START DATE
Dec 2021 (approx)
- Program Duration
- Closing Date:31st Aug 2021, 7:00 am