What you’ll do as a Trading Intern at Akuna:
We are seeking Trading Interns to join our dynamic team at Akuna Capital for our Akunacademy internship. This internship will begin in early January 2022 and run for 7-8 weeks in our Sydney office. Ideal candidates are bright, math-savvy, motivated and have a desire to make an impact at a growing firm. Akuna gives new traders the opportunity to learn from the most successful members of our Trading team and apply their knowledge quickly.
Our relaxed offices provide a positive atmosphere for learning and innovation. We’re committed to providing valuable mentorship from our Senior Traders that will help you to learn quickly, find value from our internship program and make an immediate impact on the business. By the end of our program you’ll be comfortable with both option theory and trade execution.
Trading Interns are bright, math-savvy, competitive, ambitious, and have a strong desire to learn how to make markets in a rapidly growing trading firm. We’ll teach you how to leverage our proprietary technology while implementing a variety of trading strategies and ideas so you can get on the trading screens and make an impact on the bottom line of the firm. If you are looking for an opportunity to start your career at an exciting firm, Akuna is the place for you!
This is a paid internship with an annual salary of $100K AUD pro rata for the summer. We, further, provide travel and housing for anyone not living in Sydney.
Requirements for this role:
- Australian or NZ citizen or Australian Permanent residences only
- University Degree, graduating between August 2022 and January 2023
- Quick mental maths, pattern recognition, and quantitative analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Desire to learn about financial markets and economic theories
- Risk appetite & ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced, team environment
Qualities that make great candidates:
- Bachelor, Honours, Masters or PhDs in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Actuarial Science, Engineering, Economics or related degrees
- Distinction Average or proven strong academics
- Awards, prizes, medals, competitions, & scholarships
- Achievements outside of studies through your hobbies & interests
- Work experience that enhanced your communication, problem solving, analytical, and teamwork skills
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Information...
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Closing Date:31st Jul 2021, 7:00 am