What you’ll do as a Graduate Quantitative Developer:
Our Quantitative Team are a mixture of mathematicians, statisticians and technologists that find solutions to problems. We create trading models and strategies scientifically by combining our quantitative expertise with an understanding of derivatives and financial markets. We are seeking Juniors to join the team to apply their quantitative skills to exciting problem. You don't need a background in finance or trading, instead we look for maths and coding skills.
Our Quantitative Developers are part of the Quant Trading & Research team at Akuna. Our Quant Devs have strong programming skills, familiarity with mathematical techniques and the fluency to leverage both skills to produce trading solutions and high-performance production code. In this role you will:
- Design and develop production code of trading strategies: pricing models, execution logic and performance optimization along with researchers, traders and system engineers
- Analyse and incorporate market signals in our trading systems
- Advance existing codebase and propose new solutions and improvements
If this sounds interesting to you, apply now! We are looking for people who have innovative ideas, think analytically, and have an entrepreneurial mindset and want to make an immediate impact in our growing company and contribute to Akuna’s strategy portfolio.
Start dates: Anytime throughout 2022 & early 2023.
Training: We always have new projects and look to bring on our juniors all throughout the year. As a junior, you will be paired with a mentor to work together on your first project, and we offer extensive training opportunities to learn about market making, our systems, and financial theories such as Options Greeks and Black Scholes methods.
Requirements for this role:
- Australian or NZ citizen or Australian Permanent residences only
- VISA: you need full working rights that lead to PR, such as the Graduate Work Visa 485. Akuna does not offer sponsorship for this position
- University Degree graduating within the last 3 years (anytime form 2019- 2023)
- Strong programming skills in Python or C++
- Experience in object-oriented programming
- Experience with generic and/or parallel programming
- A basic understanding of probability, statistics, calculus and linear algebra
- Deeper understanding of any of the following fields: Linear Algebra, Numerical Methods, Statistics, Optimization, Signal Processing, Computer Architecture, Machine Learning
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to run a project in a fast paced, team environment
Qualities that make great candidates:
- Bachelor, Honours, Masters or PhDs in Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Engineering, or related degrees
- Distinction Average & proven strong academics
- Awards, prizes, medals, competitions, & scholarships
- Experience in research within an academic or professional environment
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Business and Commerce, Data Science and...
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Closing Date:30th Aug 2022, 1:59 pm