What you’ll do as a Graduate Quantitative Researcher at Akuna:
Our Quantitative Team are a mixture of mathematicians, statisticians and technologists that find solutions to problems. We create trading models and strategies scientifically by combining our quantitative expertise with an understanding of derivatives and financial markets. We are seeking graduates to join the team to apply their quantitative skills to exciting problem. You don't need a background in finance or trading, instead we look for maths and coding skills.
Our Quantitative Researchers work closely with our developers and traders to analyse and predict all facets of derivative pricing and develop trading strategies using statistical and machine learning algorithms. They create, conduct, and analyse experiments to develop a deep understanding of derivatives and financial markets, test solutions using historical parameters and market data, and perform extensive data analysis to directly improve our trading strategies, design and implement optimisation algorithms for portfolio construction, and advances existing initiatives to explore opportunities for new research topics.
If this sounds interesting to you, apply now! We are looking for people who have innovative ideas, think analytically, and have an entrepreneurial mindset and want to make an immediate impact in our growing company and contribute to Akuna’s strategy portfolio.
Start dates: ASAP- August 2022
Training: We always have new projects and look to bring on our juniors all throughout the year. As a junior, you will be paired with a mentor to work together on your first project, and we offer extensive training opportunities to learn about market making, our systems, and financial theories such as Options Greeks and Black Scholes methods.
Full-time compensation packages starting at $100K AUD.
Requirements for this role:
- Australian or NZ citizen or Australian Permanent residences only
- University Degree graduating before August 2022 and within the last 3 years
- An understanding of statistics and machine learning
- Basic programming skills in Python or C++
- Strong maths skills: able to apply concepts of probability, calculus and linear algebra
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to run a project in a fast paced, team environment
- Financial experience or studies are NOT a requirement
Qualities that make great candidates:
- Bachelor, Honours, Masters or PhDs in Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Engineering, or related degrees
- Distinction Average & proven strong academics
- Awards, prizes, medals, competitions, & scholarships
- Experience in research within an academic or professional environment
- Achievements outside of studies through your hobbies & interests
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Information...
- Work rights:
Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident,...
- Position Start Date
ASAP - August 2022
- Closing Date:30th Aug 2021, 7:00 am