What you’ll do as a Web Development Intern at Akuna:
Our Web Developers are innovative, self-starters, and strong communicators. They are driven, adaptable, and creative problem solvers that make a real impact at Akuna. Our Developers work closely in a team-based approach with our trading and quant teams to design and implement elegant solutions to complex and interesting problems. We believe that teamwork is vital for success in this industry.
The UI Team uses cutting-edge technology while working on high performance/low latency systems. If you are excited to jump in and make a difference, Akuna could be the place for you!
Our Web Team work with all aspects of the business to create full-stack web applications to support real-time trading, data visualization, system monitoring, and workflow support applications. They develop new and innovative ways of displaying key information to traders, to help them manage volatility, assess risk, and fine-tune the parameters of our system. Projects include:
- Planning, designing, and developing high-quality performant web applications
- Building scalable API servers and contributing to software design and architecture
- Engage with traders and developers to gain business knowledge and drive workflow specific solutions
- Contributing to modern tooling to further automate day to day operations
Internship dates: 10 weeks from November 2022 – February 2023
This is a paid internship with an annual salary of $100K AUD pro rata for the summer. We, further, provide travel and housing for anyone not living in Sydney.
Training: This internship will include a mixture of Akunacademy training sessions, project work, and mentoring opportunities- you will also be introduced to the Development Training Program. This program will teach you everything you need to know about the trading industry, financial theories, and option market making. You will have lectures, workshops, and intensive sessions to develop your coding skills, learn about our systems and build your technical skills. You will also be paired with a mentor to work together on your first project, and we offer extensive training to learn about market making, our systems, and financial theories.
Requirements for this role:
- Australian or NZ citizen or an Australian Permanent resident
- University Degree graduating between August 2023 and January 2024
- Strong understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Passion for innovation and building systems from the ground up
- Analytical problem-solving and adaptability
- Self-starter attitude with the ability to work independently
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to obtain requirements and find solutions
Qualities that make great candidates:
- Bachelor, Honours, Masters or PhDs in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, or related degrees
- Distinction average & proven strong academics
- Awards, prizes, medals, competitions, & scholarships
- Achievements outside of studies through your hobbies & interests
Akuna Capital is an innovative trading firm with a strong focus on collaboration, cutting-edge technology, data driven solutions and automation. We specialise in providing liquidity as an options market maker – meaning we are committed to providing competitive quotes that we are willing to both buy and sell. To do this successfully we design and implement our own low latency technologies, trading strategies and mathematical models. At Akuna we have a flat structure, where the best idea wins.
Our Founding Partners, including our CEO Andrew Killion, first conceptualised Akuna in their hometown of Sydney. They opened our first office in 2011 in Chicago, the heart of the derivatives & options industry. Akuna then expanded to Sydney in 2018 to be the centre of our Asian trading operations, and in 2021 we moved to our Barangaroo waterfront office. We currently trade in HK, Korea, India, cryptocurrencies, and US night markets and are excited for expansions into all the major Asian exchanges. We also have offices in London, Shanghai and Boston.
At Akuna, we believe that the people are the centre of everything we do. Our Sydney office has a start-up feel with less than 200 people, which means you really get to know the team! We run social poker competitions, happy hours, have a fully stacked breakfast and snack room, host social events, go on company trips, social club events, and offer great training with our Akuna University. We are expanding rapidly and looking for the best talent to join us on this journey. If you enjoy being part of smart, driven teams with real challenges to solve- this could be the place for you!
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Data Science and Analytics,...
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
$100,000 + super
- POSITION START DATE
Nov 2022 (approx)
- Program Duration
- Closing Date:15th Jul 2022, 1:59 pm