Allens is a leading international law firm with a proud 200-year heritage of shaping the future for our clients, our people and the communities in which we work. From playing a pioneering role in the development of legislation and regulatory frameworks in the Asian region, to acting on numerous 'firsts' across a range of industry and community issues, it is in our DNA to make a difference and help shape what our world looks like. Our alliance with Linklaters connects our clients and teams with an international network of legal leaders that spans 39 offices in 28 countries.
We value personal growth and career progression equally. Through our in-depth career coaching, focus on innovation, and international secondment program, we aim to create future leaders in the legal industry.
Our people go further to support our clients, using sharp commercial insight and creativity to enrich long‑standing relationships and build new ones. We go further for each other and our community. We’re people you want to work with: we're generous with our time and ready to help. No matter what the future holds, we’re in it together.
This year, we have once again been recognised as the #1 law firm by both GradAustralia and the Australian Association of Graduate Employers (AAGE) as voted by our graduates, and a top clerkship employer by the AAGE, GradConnection and the AFR.
With us, you’ll be one step ahead. Great change is here. Are you ready?
Our graduate program
Apply for our graduate program where you’ll be a part of a team working with some of the most experienced lawyers in Australia, assisting with real matters. Your performance coach and buddy will be there to support you, help you make the most of the graduate program, get to know our people, and thrive.
We believe that we stand out as an employer because of our high-quality technical training and excellent learning environment. We’ll work with you to develop your understanding of commercial law and build your skills, providing the foundation you need to become a successful lawyer. You’ll be involved in some of the market's most complex domestic and global transactions.
Here's what some of our graduate program entails:
- fast-tracked completion of the Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice, with admission typically mid-year of your first rotation
a personalised orientation program that introduces you to our people and the work we do;
- on-the-job training with support from a partner and a junior lawyer, who will act as your performance coach and buddy;
- learning opportunities across practice areas and partners, as we don't work in silos;
- the chance to work on real matters with many of Australia's and the world's top 100 companies;
- the opportunity to get involved in community and pro bono work, and learn about our committees and interest groups;
- the chance to work within our alliance with Linklaters;
- seminars that will build a strong foundation of skills to help you become an excellent lawyer and thrive in our ever‑changing world;
- social events, where you will really get to know us; and
- the opportunity to network with some of the best in the profession.
Applications are open to law students in their final year of their law degree. Applications will close at 6pm (AEST) on Wednesday, 6 July 2022. Please address your application to Manreet Singh, National Manager Early Careers. For further information, visit our website or email [email protected]
- Job type:Clerkships
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- POSITION START DATE
Feb 2023 (approx)
- Program Duration
- Closing Date:6th Jul 2022, 8:00 am