- Work with well-respected and highly skilled professionals in a successful team
- Excellent opportunity for a graduate to build a career in general insurance across a range of products
- Sydney CBD location
When you work at Allianz, you’re part of a strong global insurer, helping to protect over 3 million Australians. You’ll have opportunities to develop your career your way, work with people from all different backgrounds, and bring fresh thinking.
What does the role involve?
- Updating models and data preparation for all lines of business as part of the end-to-end valuation process.
- Identifying and reporting on material trends identified in the valuation process and potential impact on future profitability and solvency.
- Reviewing assumptions including expenses, risk margins and inflation.
- Providing input into the planning process, and ensuring that projected P&L and balance sheet items are realistic and monitoring experience against the Plan on a monthly basis.
- Using the results of Liability valuations to provide input into the parameterisation of the internal capital model.
- Monitoring the implications of changes in economic drivers on asset liability management and solvency.
- Working with the business and broader Finance Department to support reporting requirements.
- Supporting the annual production of the Financial Condition Report.
You will be exposed to numerous opportunities to develop and learn in a friendly and supportive environment. Reporting to a Finance Actuary, you will have the support you need to have an enriching career and enjoy what really matters to you.
What else is on offer?
- Paid formal education and study leave to complete your Actuarial qualification. We provide 12 study days per Part III exam, and covers the cost of course entry for the first and last sitting. We also cover the cost of the Actuaries Institute exemptions as well as membership fees.
- Technical training to assist you to accelerate your skills; examples include e-learning, formal and informal training sessions, on the job coaching.
- Be part of the broader Actuarial and Analytics Community, with exposure across the Technical and Workers’ Compensation divisions and cross-team initiatives such as learning and development, innovation and social clubs.
- Market competitive remuneration.
- One day of paid leave per year to use for volunteering, to give back to our community.
- An attractive range of employee benefits, including insurance at discounted rates, travel discounts and flexible leave arrangements.
To be considered and successful for this role you must:
- Have a degree in Actuarial Studies, Mathematics, Statistics or Finance.
- Be an Australian or New Zealand Citizen or hold Australian Permanent Residency at the time of application.
- Possess strong technical, analytical and mathematical skills.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Excel; you will learn how to use VBA and SAS on the job as required; any coding experience would be highly regarded.
- Have the ability to quickly build and maintain strong business relationships with internal and external stakeholders, demonstrating exceptional customer service.
- Demonstrate strong time management and organisation skills, with the ability to multi-task and prioritise your work, whilst working in a fast paced environment.
- Be willing to work towards your actuarial qualification.
If you dare, there's an opportunity for you at www.allianz.com.au/careers
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Closing Date:14th Jan 2022, 12:59 pm