- High profile program with significant exposure
- Excellent opportunity for a highly numerate Graduate to build a career in Insurance
- Broad exposure across key areas of our Finance Division
When you work at Allianz, you’re part of a strong global insurer, helping to protect over 3 million Australians. You’ll have opportunities to grow and drive your career your way, work with people from all different backgrounds, and feel free to bring fresh thinking. And you’ll get the support you need to have an enriching career and enjoy what really matters to you.
As a Finance Graduate you will be placed on an expert stream designed to build your skills in Finance and Accounting and give you an in-depth understanding of the important role Finance and Accounting plays in an insurance company.
Your structured program will include rotations in areas such as Accounting Operations, Management Reporting, Planning and Statutory Reporting. At the end of your two-year program you will have a strong knowledge of how each area operates and will be in the position to fast track your career more broadly within our Finance division.
Key responsibilities and exposures would include:
- Managing reporting and financial planning: You will gain exposure to how our monthly reporting cycle works as well as gaining exposure to our Financial Planning and budgeting process. This will involve working closely with senior internal stakeholders.
- Statutory Reporting: You will gain exposure to how we manage statutory reporting and financial control processes. This will include preparing Financial Statements and working with external auditors and senior managers to get them approved.
- Accounting systems: Through all your rotations you will gain exposure and skills in using a variety of accounting and data warehouse systems.
To be successful in this role we need highly numerate, analytical thinkers who learn and adapt quickly, have strong interpersonal skills and are able to develop relationships with key stakeholders.
You will have:
- A well rounded background with demonstrated experience across community involvement and participation in extracurricular activities.
- Proven work experience in customer service or a corporate environment
- Leadership qualities developed through university, work experience and extracurricular activities.
- Strong effective communication skills.
- An interest in a role that not only embraces analytical skills but is also customer facing.
- The ability to speak a second language (desirable).
What else is on offer?
- On-the-job development via structured rotations over your two year program.
- Fully paid formal education and study leave complete professional accreditation in the Chartered Accountant (CA) program or Certified Practicing Accountant (CPA) program.
- Technical training to assist you to accelerate your skills.
- Ability to deliver key projects with your Graduate Cohort that have a cross functional focuses.
- Professional development opportunities to continue to build your business and leadership skills.
- Ongoing learning sessions to build your knowledge of other departments and initiatives.
- Networking opportunities with the Managing Director and Senior Leadres, as well as other graduates and the Allianz Graduate Alumni.
- Ongoing support, mentoring and leadership through your sponsor, who is a Senior Leader in the organisation and our Talent Management team.
- Opportunities to give back to our community through our Outreach Volunteering Program.
- An attractive range of employee benefits, including insurance at discounted rates, community support programs and flexible leave arrangements.
- Market competitive remuneration.
To be eligible to apply:
- You will be due to complete your undergraduate studies by the end of 2020 (applicants who graduated prior to 2020 will also be considered).
- You understand that you will be required to complete industry qualifications.
- You must be an Australian or New Zealand Citizen or hold Australian Permanent Residency at the time of application and provide evidence of this.
- You must attach your most up to date University results in the form of an Academic Transcript or university-issued proof of results (for example, screen shot of online university portal).
- You must attach a cover letter outlining your suitability to the role and a resume.
Applications open on Tuesday 21 July 2020 at 9AM and close on Tuesday 1 September 2020 at 9AM (AEST).
For those who dare, here is your home, graduates.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Banking and Finance, Business and Commerce,...
Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident,...
- Closing Date:31st Aug 2020, 11:00 pm