- High profile program with significant exposure
- Excellent opportunity for a highly analytical and numerate Graduate to build a career in Insurance
- Broad exposure across underwriting and commercial insurance related risk
When you work at Allianz, you’re part of a strong global insurer, helping to protect over 3 million Australians.You’ll have opportunities to grow and drive your career your way, work with people from all different backgrounds, and feel free to bring fresh thinking. And you’ll get the support you need to have an enriching career and enjoy what really matters to you.
As an Underwriting and Insurance Analysis Graduate you will be placed on an expert stream designed to build your skills in the Underwriting profession. Your program will run for two years where you will have four highly tailored rotations for on-the-job learning to grow and enhance your skills.
Do you want to be involved in the core of commercial insurance, evaluate the world’s risks and have a strong passion for all things data?Then Underwriting is a great career for you!
Underwriters are the frontline of our company. Their key role is to create profitable insurance solutions, analyse and evaluate risks to be covered, define terms and conditions and price our insurance products. Their key responsibilities would include:
- Assessing risks and determining appropriate rates based on detailed analysis
- Deciding how much coverage the customer should receive, how much they should pay for it, or whether even to accept the risk and insure them
- Assisting sales in establishing and maintaining business relationships
- Providing ongoing customer support through problem resolution
- Learn to understand how we define our terms of conditions and price our insurance products
- Working with internal stakeholders across our business working on underwriting related projects. Stakeholders could include working with sales, product, legal and compliance.
To be successful in this role we need analytical thinkers with leadership qualities who will learn and adapt quickly, those who have demonstrated ability in the art of analysis, have strong negotiation skills and are able to network and strike up relationships with our customers, brokers and internal stakeholders.
You will have:
- A well rounded background with demonstrated experience across community involvement and participation in extracurricular activities
- Proven work experience in customer service or a corporate environment
- Strong effective communication skills
- Leadership qualities developed through university, work experience and extracurricular activities
- An interest in a role that not only embraces analytical skills but is also customer facing
- The ability to speak a second language (desirable)
What else is on offer?
- On-the-job development via four highly tailored and defined rotations
- Fully paid formal education and study leave to complete further study in insurance
- Technical training to assist you to accelerate your skills
- Ability to deliver key projects with your Graduate Cohort that have a cross functional focus
- Professional development opportunities to continue to build your business and leadership skills
- Networking opportunities with the Managing Director and Senior Leaders, as well as other graduates and the Allianz Graduate Alumni
- Ongoing support, mentoring and leadership through your sponsor, who is a Senior Leader in the organisation and our Talent Management team
- Opportunities to give back to our community through our Outreach Volunteering Program
- An attractive range of employee benefits, including insurance at discounted rates, community support programs and flexible leave arrangements.
- Market competitive remuneration
To be eligible to apply:
- You will be due to complete your undergraduate studies by the end of 2020 (applicants who graduated prior to 2020 will also be considered).
- You understand that you will be required to complete industry qualifications
- You must be an Australian or New Zealand Citizen or hold Australian Permanent Residency at the time of application and provide evidence of this
- You must attach your most up to date university results in the form of an Academic Transcript or university-issued proof of results (for example, screen shot of online university portal)
- You must attach a cover letter outlining your suitability to the role and a resume
Applications open on Tuesday 21 July 2020 at 9AM and close on Tuesday 1 September 2020 9AM (AEST).
For those who dare, here is your home, graduates.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident,...
- Closing Date:9th Sep 2020, 11:00 pm