At Amazon, we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Amazon is continually evolving and is a place where motivated employees thrive and also where employee ownership and accountability lead to meaningful results.
Are you willing to dive deep to develop those solutions and deliver results? At Amazon, we move with purpose and speed, and this requires us to work with a dynamic network of retail, HR, marketing, tech and operations partners. We help others understand finance and are trusted business advisors. We employ every facet of data and communication to ensure our partners and our leaders have the most up to date and reliable information to help them make the best possible decision.
At Amazon, we are looking for a Finance Intern to work alongside, and support managers gaining a deep insight into the financial systems, processes, and controls used to record Amazon’s growing volume of daily, weekly, and monthly transactions.
You will learn how Finance supports the various business teams in forecasting and analyzing actual financial results, managing the external reporting of Amazon’s quarterly financial statements and inputting to the launch of new customer-focused initiatives to ensure customers can find and discover anything and everything they want online.
This role will commence in December to February 2022.
- Penultimate year in a Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree in a Business/Commerce or related discipline
- Fluent written and verbal communication in English
- Analytical acumen and interpersonal and communication skills and be someone who is comfortable with ambiguity and working with large databases
- Experience in Excel (e.g., sum, if, pivots, lookups)
- Experience performing financial and ad hoc analysis using Excel
- Experience demonstrating problem solving and root cause analysis
- Proven ability to develop new ideas and solutions
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, prioritize workload, and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Demonstrated effective communication and presentation skills working with peers and various levels of management
- Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (e.g., SQL, and/or Cognos)
This role is only open for Australian and New Zealand Citizen and/Permanent Resident at time of application.
Note: Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. For an update on your status, or to confirm your application was submitted successfully, please login to your candidate portal. Please note that we are reviewing a high volume of applications and appreciate your patience.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
- Job type:Internships
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Closing Date:23rd Oct 2021, 12:59 pm