Would you like to make history in the world of cloud-based computing? Come and join the Australia & New Zealand (ANZ) Amazon Web Services (AWS) Public Sector Sales team.
AWS is one of Amazon’s fastest growing businesses, servicing millions of customers in more than 190 countries, reshaping the way Government Agencies, Enterprises and SMB consume information technology and powering the developers who are building the next generation of global industry leaders. AWS customers include some of the most innovative startups like Netflix, Xero, Canva and Atlassian as well as some of the largest global enterprises like Woodside, NAB, Hitachi, Sharp, Bristol-Myers Squibb, and Samsung.
Are you obsessed with the business and technology needs of customers and love proactively helping accelerate their adoption of technology solutions? Do you enjoy building awareness and influencing thinking and direction?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a self-starter Public Sector Sales Graduate to scale adoption and impact through industry messaging and solutions in the Australia & New Zealand (ANZ) business. This is an exciting opportunity to shape and execute an industry program for the ANZ business with an initial focus on the Public Sector.
This role is based in Canberra and available to start immediately.
As a Public Sector Sales Graduate, you will help prospects and customers make the transformational move to AWS by understanding their business issues, and demonstrating the unique benefits of solving them with AWS services. You will receive hands-on education, training, and mentorship that will enable you to grow, learn, and be successful.
Your primary responsibilities will be to follow-up with prospects and customers that showed an interest in AWS services in a timely manner, and identify and qualify leads. You will liaise with customers ranging from startups to established enterprises, and across all levels and departments to help enable customer success and support adoption of AWS services.
A successful AWS Public Sector Sales Graduate would be eager to learn and develop themselves, and be a driven self-starter with a deep interest in technology. The candidate should be prepared to perform against goals and consistently meet targets, with a focus on delivering results for supporting customers through solutions aligned to their business goals and outcomes.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Serve as a key member of the ANZ Public Sector sales team, driving AWS awareness and strategic customer engagement across the ANZ business.
• Research and understand the industry specific business and technology needs of AWS customers, including industry change drivers, technology trends, regulatory compliance requirements, etc.
• Prospect, qualify, and call leads in the Australian region.
• Build an understanding of customer pain points, requirements, and potential value that can be delivered by AWS.
• Deliver and report on a set of business development targets.
• Identify target accounts using market data and industry intelligence.
• Use feedback to identify opportunities to improve our products, services, processes, systems, and tools.
• Understand and exploit the use of salesforce.com (SFDC) and other internal Amazon systems to capture operational data and manage activities.
• Prepare and provide regular business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress made and roadblocks being faced.
• Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market segment.
· Pursuing tertiary qualifications in finance, business, marketing, technology, or a similar degree within the last 12 to 24 months.
· You must have Australian/New Zealand citizenship or Australian permanent residency at the time you submit your application.
· Strong interest in business development, strategic partnerships, or program/product management experience
· Demonstrated interest in digital transformation and strong technical acumen
· Strong verbal and written communications skills together with commensurate leadership skills
· Demonstrated ability to effectively work cross-functionally across internal and external organizations
· Up to 25% travel, as necessary, to engage with field teams and partners and execute initiatives.
· Relevant internship or other work experience
· Public Sector experience and acumen (as priority industry segment)
· Strong analytical skills, and demonstrated ability to turn detailed data analysis into useful strategic insight in order to drive customer adoption and make appropriate recommendations to the business
· Passion for technology startups
· A team player who is also able to work independently
· Proficient in data analysis
· Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
Note: Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. For an update on your status, or to confirm your application was submitted successfully, please login to your candidate portal. Please note that we are reviewing a high volume of applications and appreciate your patience.
Amazon Web Services is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Actuary, Administration, Agriculture, Arts and...
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Closing Date:9th Aug 2022, 12:59 pm