At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Amazon is seeking Operations Manager Intern which is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products each year to our loyal customers.
In this role you will be responsible for driving up the sortation & line haul infrastructure in the region which includes identifying the new routes.
- Reviewing and understanding the transportation process from Fulfilment Centres to delivery stations
- Measure and Ensure enough bandwidth in sortation team to ensure peak time delivery management
- Assist and work alongside Area Managers to review performance appraisals of the station supervisors and learn on how to mentor them for handling efficient operations
- Continuously improve the through put and attain a sustained level of delivery performance improvement
- Review and assist on analysis of the data reports to identify performance bottlenecks and improve the performance
- Research and review on the formal process control and process improvement mechanisms such as Kaizen
You’ll be an inspiring leader in one of the areas within the FC operations: Receive, Stow, Pick, Pack or Ship. Or you might work at one of our Delivery Stations, where you'll work to continuously improve the efficiency of delivery processes, ensuring that customer orders are delivered quickly, accurately, and cost-effectively.
In this position, you'll lead a team or a process from day one. At Amazon, we trust the people we hire and provide plenty of support to help you hit the ground running. Our culture is learn-by-doing oriented; you'll take control of your career.
Leading by example, you’ll be responsible for the training and integration of your team, while driving progress as you strive for excellence together.
You’ll exercise sound judgement, ensuring progress and targets are realistic and achievable. It’ll be worth it; the impact you could have, within one of the world’s biggest, most innovative companies, won’t go unnoticed. With us, you can have a hand in creating the future of operations and logistics.
The ideal individual will:
- Need to safeguard your team’s safety while at work.
- Uphold Amazon’s high standards of quality.
- Demonstrate problem-solving and analytical capabilities.
- Strive to improve and streamline processes.
Please note: Our internship dates are from December 2022 to February 2023, you will need to be available for those dates to be eligible.
Note: Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. For an update on your status, or to confirm your application was submitted successfully, please login to your candidate portal. Please note that we are reviewing a high volume of applications and appreciate your patience.
ABOUT THE TEAM
As an Area Manager Intern, you are part of something bigger and amazing. This isn't a corporate role, you will be based in the heart of the action at one of our Fulfillment Centres, working with other Area Managers, support staff and learning everything you need to know about how Amazon Operations works. You will be provided with a mentor who will support you and guide your work, along with a strong intern support network.
- Currently in your penultimate year of your overall degree in Business, Commerce, Economics, Logistics or related discipline.
- Passion for People management
- Motivated in learning process improvement
- Ability to work under pressure situations
- Ability to work in ambiguous situations and to come out with solutions as per the situations faced
- Strong leadership capabilities and people management skills
- Strong execution skills, Action oriented, go getter
- Resourceful to identify the way to get things done using limited resources
The Internship Program
We want to you to feel welcomed, included and valued right from the start. We know that your experiences will help us build a better world. So, if you are insatiably curious and always want to learn more, then you’ve come to the right place. You can expect to:
- Define your goals, exceed them, and set new ones.
- Think ahead and put long-term value over short-term wins. We believe in investing in your future.
- To be the best version of yourself – to continuously evolve and improve
- Become excellent at making fast decisions, taking calculated risks and fearlessly chasing excellence.
- Make the impossible, possible.
As an intern you can also expect;
- Competitive pay
- Impactful project and internship/role deliverables
- Networking opportunities with fellow interns and other Amazonians
- Internships events such as speaker series, intern panels, Leadership Principles sessions, Amazon writing skills sessions.
- Mentorship and career development
If you’re successful during your internship, you could be considered for a graduate role after finishing your university studies.
Applications and Assessment Process
All candidates will be invited to complete an online assessment which we encourage you to complete within 5 business days. Your application will then be reviewed for suitability for the role. If successful, you will be invited to attend a phone interview follow by two virtual interviews, focusing on our Leadership Principles.
If you have a disability and need an adjustment during the application and hiring process, including support for the interview or onboarding process, please email us ([email protected]) and put Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Request in the subject line for expedited processing.
Have any questions? Please contact us at ([email protected])
- Job type:Internships
- Disciplines:Business and Commerce, Engineering, Logistics and...
- Work rights:Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident,...
- Locations:Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne,...
- POSITION START DATE
Dec 2023 (approx)
- Closing Date:11th Oct 2023, 12:59 pm